Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PRINCE Song

was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple
There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction
U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time

So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999 !!!

My next post/thread wil be #2000

gonna have to chose that one with care!!

THANK YOU LPF

ped

May I shoot a pre emptive strike?

CONGRATULATIONS ...dont get too drunk..

puke.gif

OOO! thats gross-:scowl:

spewing chunks is one of the reasons I gave up getting drunk 21 yrs ago.:)

I used my 2000th post to congrat DTR on his 1000th
post and entry into the Vets Club.;)
I nominate Jordan for "Rookie Of The Year":D

His posts are never fluff and his reviews and tuts are inspiring to say the least!!:thanks::bowdown::worthy:

hak

DTR

Happy 2000.

Appreciate the endorsement. I am still waiting on my decoder ring.:p

Here is what I did today. I loaded up an A140 diode in my dewalt drill and spun it while putting a serrated knife from the underside for leverage and popped the diode can right off. I just wanted to see if I can get more power out of a decanned one. Only one flaw in my plan. I did not LPM it before doing it but I will see when I get some new hosts what I get out of it.:beer:

p1012954.jpg

It came right off. No fuss.:cool:

p1012957.jpg

p1012958b.jpg

Check out how clean this output is.

p1012959.jpg

Happy 2000.

Here is what I did today. I loaded up an A140 diode in my dewalt drill and spun it while putting a serrated knife from the underside for leverage and popped the diode can right off. I just wanted to see if I can get more power out of a decanned one. Only one flaw in my plan. I did not LPM it before doing it but I will see when I get some new hosts what I get out of it.:beer:

p1012954.jpg

It came right off. No fuss.:cool:

p1012957.jpg

p1012958b.jpg

Check out how clean this output is.

p1012959.jpg

EPIC, now GET ER TESTED! :D

Here you go

I am interseted in seeing what happens with the diode.

DTR

EPIC, now GET ER TESTED! :D

Waiting on a few hosts so I will see what an open can will do set to 1.5A.:eg:

Only thing somebody said that there may be a gas in the can that is needed. I thought that it was only the 405 diodes that could not be opened.:thinking:

Always coming up with new stuff!! Have you considered going to some of the LA meetings- you may need an intervention!!! LMFAO

TY for posting in my thread and for all the PMs---len

daguin

Happy 2000.

I only decan when there is some damage to the can or window. While there is no real danger from simply being exposed to air, there are a couple of problems with an open can diode.

First, especially with the above technique, the fragile wiring and connections to the die are exposed. You could break off a wire just from the diode hitting the surface when it dropped off of the drill chuck.

Second, the front of the die is now exposed to the "elements." We have all experienced "stuff" getting on a diode window. Often that "stuff" is just accumulated detritus from the air. With the can gone, that detritus is now going to settle on the face of the die. You can often clean a diode window. I know of no safe way to clean the face of a die

Peace,
dave

DTR

Daguin,
Thanks for the reply. Ok so their is no gas in the can that is essential. But the protection the can provides is no longer there. Now all that there is left to see if there is any power increase in removing the diode window.:beer: