Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Priceangels on sale: $10.99 true 30mw laser pen, $13.99 true 50 mw laser pen

John, another simple way of measuring IR is to put laser safety glasses (those red ones) in front of the laser, and measure the power that passes through them.

If you see no green light on the LPM sensor but still get a reading greater than zero, you have IR. Subtract that number from the output without the safety glasses in front of the laser, and you've roughly calculated the true green output.

-Trevor

Thanks, trevor

it is a easy way, but will it work accurately?

DJNY

Thanks for all you kind help, compare with you, my workers are just like fool, they often tell me "this is too hard, to0 hard", I just want to fire them. But I can't do everything myself.

Maybe it need some time for them to understand how an IR filter works.

Try it out yourself, get yourself a calculator, some lasers, IR filters, Laserpowermeter and read the postings above. Would take you less than half an hour. Make an average and post it. Teach your engineers how to handle it. If they don´t want to learn, fire them :crackup:

Thanks, trevor

For a quick first look it´s enough. But do it with good googles.

Trevor

Thanks, trevor

I would say 95% accurate or so. Just make sure you use good goggles (so you see no green dot on the sensor), like DJNY said. :)

-Trevor

Try it out yourself, get yourself a calculator, some lasers, IR filters, Laserpowermeter and read the postings above. Would take you less than half an hour. Make an average and post it. Teach your engineers how to handle it. If they don´t want to learn, fire them :crackup:

For a quick first look it´s enough. But do it with good googles.

I would say 95% accurate or so. Just make sure you use good goggles (so you see no green dot on the sensor), like DJNY said. :)

-Trevor

good points.

I will try ti test some of my high power lasers firstlt after this period when we are busy with the orders of the last two weeks. So many orders are delayed because of the holiday.

reliable john