Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

price per mW comparison table

awesome thread, but i think you could just change one thing

maybe have the cost of each laser have the standard shipping option as well, for example, DX lasers get shipped for free so their cost is their cost, but Ultra Lasers has a $25 shipping charge which bumps their 80 from 135 to 160. Just might be something to consider, the total cost to your door rather then the "cost" listed on the websites

DoughDTD said:
awesome thread, but i think you could just change one thing

maybe have the cost of each laser have the standard shipping option as well, for example, DX lasers get shipped for free so their cost is their cost, but Ultra Lasers has a $25 shipping charge which bumps their 80 from 135 to 160. Just might be something to consider, the total cost to your door rather then the "cost" listed on the websites
the problem with this would be that shipping price is often different depending on where in the world they and you are. and there's people from a mix of countries here so...:)

Re: price per mW comparison table YOU GO!

Marianne, Here's a big thank you! This is exactly what I was going to try to find time to do! ;)

yet another update! there've been some medium and big optotronics price drops along with more RPL models to choose, a *huge* rise in some dragon lasers prices and no more >5mW blues from them, WL now has the big red * of scammy bumholeness (and have lost their link here), and the ultralasers website is completely broken so i don't know if their prices are still accurate, or if they even still exist. other than that, just a few minor style changes to the table.

elitex

Ok. Now here is the question: Out of these companies listed here, which ones make a good product?? I cannot find reviews of many of them, anywhere. I keep hearing how this company suxx or that one suxx too. Maybe this is for the forum itself; who makes a good balloon-popping, burning green 125mw pointer? Who should be avoided?

Rasel

The guys I'd recomend you consider are Novalasers, Laserglow, and Optotronics.

btw put a .com after each of those and you got their website ;)

Rasel said:
The guys I'd recomend you consider are Novalasers, Laserglow, and Optotronics.

btw put a .com after each of those and you got their website ;)
i'd agree, i've heard good things about all these companies. Novalasers do a 5% discount for LPF, by using the code "warp5" at the checkout, meaning you could get a Nova X-125 for $313.45, or even an X-105 for $199.49 - the 105s will often be higher than that, my 112mW CNI would've been sold as an X-105 had it been from Nova. the Optotronics LPF discount doesn't apply to PPLs unfortunately, only RPLs, but for what they are (big solid handheld lasers with adjustable output rather than a pointer-style one) they're still a good deal, $419 for a PPL-125 or $359 for the PPL-100, you could even treat yourself to an RPL-165 for $572.58 (with discount). the laserglow models are also big solid bulky things, the Aires-125 costing $589. really depends what you're willing to spend and what you want in features - the X-series duty cycle will be lower than the Optotronics and Laserglow models, and will probably be more fragile and prone to damage should it be accidentally dropped etc, but it is smaller and cheaper, and any laser that's 100mW or higher will definately be able to burn things.

updated yet again! dragon lasers hulks, lucent optics NVs, and optotronics RPLs (both blue and green) all have price drops, and ultralasers have had a slight price increase, but have sort of fixed their website.

AusLasersSuck said:
Bump-roona

What is your problem with bumping DEAD Threads.... getting a little tired of seeing only you
with this annoying habit...

Seems like all you want to do is increase your Post Count.... without trying too hard to contribute
to the Forum... :-? :-? :-?

Am I the only one that has noticed this.... :-/

Jerry

AusLasersSuck said:
Bump-roona
Stop bumping dead threads just to piss off the members that hate sifting through a bunch of junk on the front page of a category. If you want to increase your post count do it by helping people or contributing to discussion, not by spamming all over the place. Most forums would ban you for stuff like this.