Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pretty yellow on its way.

Nexgen

Today I ordered 50 mw Spartan 589nm. I don’t know what to say, or what to expect. I have read a lot about them, they can come underspec, or overspec, like playing lottery.

I’m really hoping for good unit to arrive, finally my hands reached that yellow color.
But for now it’s only time question, I will share with you, what I will receive. :bowdown:

If somebody ordered yellows from DL lately, please describe. :yh:

I wish you the best of lucky getting a nice stable unit. It is a lovely color and one of my favorites I have had the pleasure to hold. Mine was on the low end though on output and stability and got returned. This was around February this year.

Nexgen

I wish you the best of lucky getting a nice stable unit. It is a lovely color and one of my favorites I have had the pleasure to hold. Mine was on the low end though on output and stability and got returned. This was around February this year.

Sorry for you:undecided:

Best of luck on the unit! Fortunately, 589's are the more stable yellows when compared to the older, less powerful, 594's. Maybe you'll get some of the crazy powerful ones that float around the forums outputting in the 100's of mW's?!?!

DragonLasers can either be a hit or miss on yellows as you know, but if anything goes wrong just let them know and they'll either refund or replace your unit.

Keep us updated! :)

-Alex

Good luck to you sir! One day I will get one too hopefully, I believe it is truly a beautiful and rare laser wavelength to have, maybe if its gonna be underspec you can try returning it and asking for a different one, since you are paying a hefty price, the customer service should obey all your demands. You better do a review or at least post some pictures of that laser haha.

Nexgen

Good luck to you sir! One day I will get one too hopefully, I believe it is truly a beautiful and rare laser wavelength to have, maybe if its gonna be underspec you can try returning it and asking for a different one, since you are paying a hefty price, the customer service should obey all your demands. You better do a review or at least post some pictures of that laser haha.

I will do a review for sure;)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats Nexgen, I hope you get a good overspec unit. As Hap said, they have been a bit hit or miss, but from what I've seen mostly "hits", and they're a reputable company, so if you have issues, you should be covered.
I'm one of the Spartan owners who got an overspec 589nm, mine hit 124mW, so not too shabby, but I've had my Spartan for a couple of years, so it's not a current example of what might be coming from DL these days.

Be sure and share your new laser with us, BTW, you can't have too many pics of a beautiful wavelength like this! :yh:

Last edited:
From mine, their customer service is great. They simply wanted to know I wasn't exceeding the rather strict duty cycle 1m on 5m off and then gave me an address to send it back to.
One day, I plan to order a few and pick and keep one or two as I do miss the wavelength.
Mine was very much a miss though, peaked at 52mW for 10 seconds and then plummeted to less than 30 for the rest of the duty cycle. Mine was also the second to last they had in stock at the time. Maybe the better units get sent out first?

BobMc

Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to the beam shots. 589 such a pretty wavelength. Finger on the :drool: button!

Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to the beam shots. 589 such a pretty wavelength. Finger on the :drool: button!

Congrats Nexgen, as Bob Mac & Cheese said: we need beamshots... Please :D :D

I've been waiting your beamshots on Estonian landscapes ;)

BobMc

Congrats Nexgen, as Bob Mac & Cheese said: we need beamshots... Please :D :D

I've been waiting your beamshots on Estonian landscapes ;)

Got half a dozen beam shot ready to post. Going to try to post them tonight or tomorrow. Over on the "Enchanted" thread. Got some pretty nice ones with three red lasers that turned out pretty sweet. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Sorry to high jack your thread Nexgen. Nothing beats a 589 beam shot though. :)

Last edited:

Nexgen

Got half a dozen beam shot ready to post. Going to try to post them tonight or tomorrow. Over on the "Enchanted" thread. Got some pretty nice ones with three red lasers that turned out pretty sweet. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Sorry to high jack your thread Nexgen. Nothing beats a 589 beam shot though. :)

Hehe, it’s ok Bob. I’m still waiting for my dispatch notification so bad, checking email every hour:drool:

Also wrote to Adam that I want my package marked “Value 20$”

Last time they wrote 35$ and it went to customs, so I had to pay 20% tax:thinking:

Last edited:

BobMc

Hehe, it’s ok Bob. I’m still waiting for my dispatch notification so bad, checking email every hour:drool:

Last time they wrote 35$ and it went to customs, so I had to pay 20% tax:thinking:

Haa, yea customs do want their "pound of flesh" hope all things work out well for you. Don't have a 589 so I'm looking forward to your beam shots. Enjoy your new yellow, promises to be a beauty! :)

Just found the customs slip from mine. It was declared as a value of $35. Honestly probably better that way than customs seeing a lot of packages from them labeled as GIFT, or very low value. Sure you end up paying a little on customs, but a lot better than customs having something to draw their eye to the package and deciding to confiscate it. Who consistently ships something with less value that what the cost of shipping it would be anyways? I won't say what they declared the contents to be though and think it wise to keep that off of publicly accessible posts. Don't want to risk them scooping data from the web to add to their keyword filters to flag potential suspicious packages.

Anyways, would love to see some beamshots when your unit arrives nexgen :beer:

Nexgen

Just found the customs slip from mine. It was declared as a value of $35. Honestly probably better that way than customs seeing a lot of packages from them labeled as GIFT, or very low value. Sure you end up paying a little on customs, but a lot better than customs having something to draw their eye to the package and deciding to confiscate it. Who consistently ships something with less value that what the cost of shipping it would be anyways? I won't say what they declared the contents to be though and think it wise to keep that off of publicly accessible posts. Don't want to risk them scooping data from the web to add to their keyword filters to flag potential suspicious packages.

Anyways, would love to see some beamshots when your unit arrives nexgen :beer:

Good to know that, my friend was ordering from laserpointerstore lately and they marked it as a gift “LED flashlight” and value was 5$ while carrier was DHL.

So after all I can say that in my country theres no customs problems unless they put value more than 23$.

Much less stricter laws than in US I guess.:whistle:

I love my 589!! It unstable and mode hops like crazy when cold but the color is amazing... shine it through a small light bulb for some cool lumia effects... also POST1000

Last edited: