Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Presale for C6 JAD kits.

I received Aurora C6 JAD kit with 1.8A round driver. Why the driver produces 7.4 volts with 2x 16340 batteries at the output ? It's too much for the laser.

I'm guessing you're the one with the PayPal claim against me for non-delivery? Being as you're from saratov, russia?

Laser diodes are not driven by voltage, but by current. You just need a minimum voltage, and after you reach that minimum, it doesn't really matter.

Your diode isn't dead if it's bright for the first second or two. That sounds more like a battery problem.
Make sure both the batteries are fully charged.

Last edited:

I'm guessing you're the one with the PayPal claim against me for non-delivery? Being as you're from saratov, russia?

Laser diodes are not driven by voltage, but by current. You just need a minimum voltage, and after you reach that minimum, it doesn't really matter.

Your diode isn't dead if it's bright for the first second or two. That sounds more like a battery problem.
Make sure both the batteries are fully charged.

Sorry for PayPal claim, i closed it today, I just thought that my parcel lost, and I have to return my money. But today i received a parcel (after 40 days of delivery, thank you shitty Russian mail) , thanks for very high quality kit :D I hope it is just problem with batteries.

Last edited:
Today I tried turn on laser with charged batteries, the problem is the same. When I turn on the laser, it shines very brightly about half a second, but after a few seconds laser begins to shine as a normal blue LED and becomes very hot. I'm guessing that the problem with too much voltage at the output of the driver - 8V with charged batteries (measured with a voltmeter).
P.S.
1st photo - just turned on laser
2nd photo - after 1 sec
P.S.S
And why do you reduce my reputation because I opened a paypal disputes ? First time I ordering something from America, I did not think that the parcel delivery will take so much time, I will not open the disputes again. I'm sorry for those disputes which I opened. :angel:

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Blord

I don't see a photo. We need to see clear pictures of the inside and how the wires are connected.

Added photos of the wires connection. The main question is why the laser produces so little light and becomes very hot.

Attachments

• IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Blord

The wires looks okay. Without a testload you can't do much about it.
That is a M140/H1600 diode for sure, nice close-up.

Last edited: