Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Powerful 532nm At an Affordable Price!

I am going to be reviewing my most recent purchase from Fleabay. It is a 532nm JD-850 that came with a single 16340 battery and charger. I would like to lead off by saying that it was purchased, processed, shipped, and received in 4days! Thumbs up there! When it arrived it was in a standard bubble wrapped envelope. Inside was the laser, battery, and charger wrapped in bubble wrap aswell. Could have been packaged better, but hey, it works. After installing the battery, I could clearly see the beam inside my home in broad daylight. I knew then that we had a winner! I immediately blew up a balloon and colored a spot black with a sharpie, and POP! It popped a balloon! However, when I followed up with a different kind of balloon with a sharpie spot on it (more shiny rather than the matte finish on the previously popped balloon), it wouldn't pop it. Hmmm, I don't know what to think of that. Maybe you guys have some suggestions? Then I went on to give it the electrical tape test. It passed cutting cleanly through it. It will also burn cleanly through thin black plastic. Keep in mind that this is a fixed focus laser. So far, so good. If you are curious as to which seller I purchased it from the link and seller is below. With that being said, we are on to the pictures of the laser, and beam shots! Let me know what you think.

Price: $7.58 USD

Seller: mylike168

Link

Here is the JD-850 Fleabay Laser!

Here it is during the day in my well lit house.

Here it is outside a little past dusk pointed at the moon.

Here it is in the dark pointed toward the aperture.

Thank you all for reading my first laser review. Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

looks like u got a decent green, i wonder how much IR it leaks out tho..

Pman

Looks pretty decent although you didn't say how much you paid. Lasers like that are always a crap-shoot. Just never know what you are going to get.
What do you mean by a different kind of balloon and did you sharpie that one also?
Same comment as Mortuus.

gozert

I got one from Gearbest for 7$ shipped for testing purposes. I must say, they're incredible lasers for the money, but I'm going to give it away as I don't want to have cheap chinese lasers in my collection.

looks like u got a decent green, i wonder how much IR it leaks out tho..

Thanks you. I have do earthly idea, but an IR filter is in it's near future.

Looks pretty decent although you didn't say how much you paid. Lasers like that are always a crap-shoot. Just never know what you are going to get.
What do you mean by a different kind of balloon and did you sharpie that one also?
Same comment as Mortuus.

OP updated. it was $7.58. I got a great one for the price, and I will let you know the consistency of them when I purchase another one. I like your focusable pen mod btw!

I got one from Gearbest for 7$ shipped for testing purposes. I must say, they're incredible lasers for the money, but I'm going to give it away as I don't want to have cheap chinese lasers in my collection.

Cheap lasers don't bother me at all. Sure I will build a quality one eventually, but I will always have my cheap pointers. If you think about it, the majority of quality builds have diodes manufactured in china. It will be quite a while before I build any thing of any quality, so for my purpose and price point this will more than suffice. I will have to see what gearbest has to offer, thanks for letting me know about them.

Thank you all for looking and commenting. This is my first review, and I'm sure it won't be my last. I appreciate all the tips you all have given me and will keep them in mind before I do my next review. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

gozert

:D

@532nmKid

Nice little review, for $7 you got a hell of a laser! Have you tried lighting a match with it? :)

-Alex

Yeah, I gave it a couple tries a while ago and it only smoked. I tried for a bit longer just now and it lit a match. Took some times but definitely pretty sick for a 7$ laser.

Nute

Nice laser, and nice write up! Waiting for mine to arrive now. I couldn't resist for the price. Thanks nephew!

diachi

Looks like a "30mW" green that DX used to sell - I've been looking for one for a while actually. The last one I had made a pretty decent host for a 405.

It only smokes matches, and after holding it close to 30 seconds it did end up popping the other balloon from a different batch a second ago. I have to admit I'm not very steady handed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I gave it a couple tries a while ago and it only smoked. I tried for a bit longer just now and it lit a match. Took some times but definitely pretty sick for a 7$ laser.

That was meant @532 lol. But thanks for letting me know :beer:

-Alex

That's the average for the price, and is what a Chinese laser usually do.

I can get the 303 ones for U$8,00, but since you got a charger+battery, you did a good deal!

Try to paint the match with a black ink (I do with a whiteboard marker, but even a pencil will work), do this with the balloon too, it will burn/pop easily. :yh:

:D

@532nmKid

Nice little review, for $7 you got a hell of a laser! Have you tried lighting a match with it? :)

-Alex

Thank you. Yes, It only smokes even with the sharpie mark on it. I'm still very pleased with it all the same.

Looks like a "30mW" green that DX used to sell - I've been looking for one for a while actually. The last one I had made a pretty decent host for a 405.

Mu uncle has a spare JD-850 host he is planning to make a LPC-826 build with. Should be around 300mw @ 500mA.

That's the average for the price, and is what a Chinese laser usually do.

I can get the 303 ones for U$8,00, but since you got a charger+battery, you did a good deal!

Try to paint the match with a black ink (I do with a whiteboard marker, but even a pencil will work), do this with the balloon too, it will burn/pop easily. :yh:

I will definitely have to buy a few white board markers to try out! Thank you.

This looks awesome, I dont see what it lacks that the expensive versions with same specs have.
Can someone link me to the exact model for best price? I live in Canada, Gearbest seems to have free shipping.

Nute

This looks awesome, I dont see what it lacks that the expensive versions with same specs have.
Can someone link me to the exact model for best price? I live in Canada, Gearbest seems to have free shipping.

There is a link at the bottom of his review.

Price: $7.58 USD

Seller: mylike168

Link