Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post a picture of yourself!

GSS

It's a juvenile alligator, about 4 feet. While sometimes I have to go get them, he wasn't why I was there, he was just the first one in 2016 that I saw out of brumation. He was also a handsome little guy, he had rich colors and nice contrast.
How big is that "little cutey" going to get?:scared: On a side note please tell me you still have all of your fingers so you can still press the buttons on your lasers? "Knock On Wood"

:eek: You are somewhere in Florida or the gulf coast, I have seen one of those things a couple of times before and am glad we don't have them up north here. We should raise them on farms and turn them into handbags, belts, shoes etc. I have heard they are good to eat too, but I can't personally verify this.

Alan

How big is that "little cutey" going to get?:scared: On a side note please tell me you still have all of your fingers so you can still press the buttons on your lasers? "Knock On Wood"

Yeah I'm good lol. This guy could get to about 14' with enough time to grow. My fingers are good, this little fella couldn't hurt me.

:eek: You are somewhere in Florida or the gulf coast, I have seen one of those things a couple of times before and am glad we don't have them up north here. We should raise them on farms and turn them into handbags, belts, shoes etc. I have heard they are good to eat too, but I can't personally verify this.

Alan

Northeast Florida, close to Georgia.

There actually are a couple of places down here that farm these guys, but most of the harvest is wild caught. Our gator population is so healthy and so well managed that hunting is necessary to keep their numbers in check. The near extinction of these guys in the 70s has been thoroughly beaten and mitigated.

And yes! They're great to eat. They taste rather like rattlesnake.

Reactions: GSS
Great comparison, because most of us that haven't had gator, certainly have had rattlesnake.

jk

"jk"... Im sure! LOL :p

Seriously though, other than rattler, I've never tasted anything that tastes even remotely like gator. Some people say it tastes like chicken, but that's like saying fried chicken tastes like fried fish; it just doesn't really work.

I would'nt even know where to find a rattlesnake neverless eat one? I live in MA is there even a store :eek::eek:

Round these parts, it's called the back yard. ;) lol

I'm a biologist and I don't kill animals out of ignorance an hate, but I'll damn sure kill my dinner. The rattler was a one time thing a long time ago, just to try it.

Here is a pic of my whole team. (I am the third from the left).

Resized_20160710_175412_zpswjlww4pz.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

And probably my favorite action shot of all time, taken 2 years ago at regionals::D

20160716_133212_zpsngmbxjow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GSS

Nice pic plag, and reading your little bio and about me, you have the whole world ahead of you for some great stuff to come:)

plag

Nice pic plag, and reading your little bio and about me, you have the whole world ahead of you for some great stuff to come:)

Thank you for cheering and such warm words!
I am always opened for everything new and interesting.
I wish you the same with best regards!
I would like to talk with you directly to know more about you and your life.

Last edited:

GSS

Thank you for cheering and such warm words!
I am always opened for everything new and interesting.
I wish you the same with best regards!
I would like to talk with you directly to know more about you and your life.
No problem plag, send me a PM and i'll give you my number.
I will tell you their are alot of other members that live and have lived a much more exciting life that's for sure:eek::)

Edit: I will though talk your ears of about oldie American muscle cars!

Last edited: