Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible to Magnify Laser With Telescope?

Go for it, I'm interested to hear what happens. . . :)

Edit: Just be careful not to damage the telescope

dude, ive never seen that video. what do you think that the power of the ir diode is in that?

Things

A fair bit id imagine ;D ;D That vid has been around for a while, still pretty cool.... Go try it, i doubt a laser will cause any damage, since its basically all mirrors and lenses ;D

L

likewhat

It is equivalent to using 2 lenses spaced by about their focal lengths, it is just that one of your lenses will be huge.

Also, be very careful of reflections, as always. Shining the laser on the glass will result in a reflection no matter how careful you are, just be aware of what you are doing and where the light is going.

With small lenses and controlled environments, it's not usually a big concern, but with something big and unwieldy like a telescope, it's just good to be careful.

I dont know what will happen if you shine your laser through this telescope 'cause it's reflector but i have a refractor and when i shine it through , the beam gets bigger , thats why i think the guy in the video did something to the lenses inside (like turn them) what do you think ?

trueHOUSE said:
I dont know what will happen if you shine your laser through this telescope 'cause it's reflector but i have a refractor and when i shine it through , the beam gets bigger , thats why i think the guy in the video did something to the lenses inside (like turn them) what do you think ?

nothing was done to the lenses. research Galilean beam expander

likewhat said:
It is equivalent to using 2 lenses spaced by about their focal lengths, it is just that one of your lenses will be huge.

What is up with everyone just using two lenses or atleast just talking about two lenses around here lol