Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible to get everything needed to build a 455/465nm 1-3w laser in a week?

PHRoG

Hi all,

Been lurking for a bit and am looking to do my first build and would like to try and get it done before next Friday.

Been trying to sponge up as much info as I can from here...but, it's a LOT to absorb and I'm still not sure which way to go. I'm hoping to be able to get everything needed and do the build before I leave for the middle of nowhere for a couple of weeks next weekend.

Ideally, I'm looking for a deep blue wavelength with some good power (guessing anywhere between 1w to 3w would be sufficient). It's just to play around with and yes, I understand safety precautions and will be getting much needed eye protection too. Not really interested in burning through things...a nice wide, visible, beam that I can point up into the complete blackness that just goes and goes is what I'd like to achieve with a decent runtime. I'm very capable and have quite a bit of experience behind an iron.

Is this doable? If so, what would you suggest I get and from where? I'm in the PNW, USA. Max budget for everything is between $200-$300.

Is greater than 3w doable with the budget...or even needed? It's hard to discern from videos/pics on how drastic the differences really are with the higher wattages for me.

Thanks!
PHRoG

Sure, you can, depends upon how the stuff is shipped to you though and whether you make a mistake to kill the diode or driver.

your question is harder to answer --you have failed to put a location in your profile as well in the title of your intro. we always cen be more helpful with more info.