Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible item for AixiZ to stock.

I realize not that much can be know from the PDF and I wont have the retail of GB prices for a few days..... but how do these look on paper. Should AixiZ arry these if the prices are good? thanks for the input. I will pass it along to AixiZ.
Anyone agree with this:?

sorry but not sure this attachment will work.

if not I will keep trying

I think this may be the correct expected KPPS from what they come set at.
TM2815.....40K Pro or maybe wide?
2800 A,B and C...35K

set me straight please. back with the prices asap. thanks for looking--len

UPDATE ON AIXIZ SCANNERS

Thanks for the help on finding moar info.
Turns out that the ones AixiZ is attempting to add to thier line are very much the same as the 2800series at CNI>

Trying to get some of the first one here out at a forum member discount for the guys from my failed DT group buy..

who knew??? CNI--

Scanning System for Laser Display

they use the same numbers with SS in front.

SS2815==$480 ~50K(?)
SS2800==$400....?maybe 40K
SS2802==$230...? maybe 35K
SS2803==$150 Scanpro 30K
SS2804==$80 Scanpro 20K

^^^^^^^^^these are CNI prices plus??$ shipping from China.

EDIT UPDATE--CNI has replied to me...$50 to ship one set(your choice) from China to me in Tx,
CNI gives one yr warranty on these.

I'm thinking most will want the 2815 and 2802... what do you all say?
they have two mirror size to pick form also. Small=faster. AixiZ plans afaik to buy enough sets to avoid cherrypicking. The first tests on these will be done by the buyers. I have been stressing to AixiZ that they should arrive well tuned. Returnable if not happy.
And if they dont make the cut perhaps AixiZ can find better ones out there.

Hope to have the pricing from AixiZ -- asap.

Attachments

• AIXIZ SCANNERS.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 916
Last edited:

Buffo

Hey Len;

It's really hard to make any judgements about those scanners without actually testing them. If Chuck is serious about stocking them, he ought to order one of each (discretely) and then subject them to a series of tests to see how they stack up to other scanners already on the market.

Just make sure the manufacturer doesn't know he's ordering them for testing purposes, or they might cherry-pick a mint set of scanners... Along that same line of thinking, it's better to actually buy them outright rather than requesting free samples.

While the specs in that .pdf file look impressive, I'd have a hard time basing my purchasing decision on a document that was prepared by the manufacturer. Still, if testing bears out those specs, then they might be a nice addition to Chuck's inventory. (Assuming the prices are competitive.)

Finally, I'd be willing to do the testing for free if Chuck is interested. I've done several scanner tests in the past on PL, and I also wrote the scanner-tuning tutorial that is hosted over there and on the LaserShowParts.com website. If he wants me to check these units out, I'd be happy to.

Adam

While I do agree with Buffo that testing is a wise place to start, I own several scan sets that look identical to those in every way, they are the ScanPro sets from Sonima. If these are made by Sonima then they are a very good quality product, quite comparable to DTs. I use Sonima 20k scan sets in all but one of my projectors, and they all have hundreds of hours on them now. Not one set has gone out of tune, much less failed.

Last edited:
WOW Adam.. very nice of you..And all your suggestions make perfect sense.
DT has been nearly imposssible to work with ... a lot of time and even phone calls made in my behalf by Chinese speaking friends as not worked out very well.

So that being said I have decided to go another route with help from AixiZ who is willing to take the risk on some that little is known about aside from thier PDF.
Its too late to go the descreet route so he is going to place a larger order and choose a random set for testing and review. I dont think they would cherry pick an entire order.

Here is what I got from AixiZ this morning:

Len,
OK, here is the deal.

DT are being idiots therefore we are declaring war. They don’t want to bother with a US distributor and have taken the attitude of "take it or leave it"

Our sources in China claim that DT is really more of a mid-class product.

Therefore, we will be releasing 1) a higher quality 2) a lower cost unit with 3) a full money back customer satisfaction guarantee set of units competitive with the 30K and 40K wides.

................................, his attitude sucks and he has no interest in helping out the amateur / hobbyist market.

Feel free to post.

Chuck
endquote

IMHO with the AixiZ return policy we can not really lose more than some of our time.

input is appreciated from all. We will take up Adams offer and we will know soon about the quality. thanks to all. Sorry the DT GB had to end this way===but there comes a time to quit cutting bait and start fishing.

hak

***************EDIT

Just saw EF post....how great would that BE!!!

Scanpro has a great rep.... I really hope they turn out to be Scanpros. I dont think DT realizes how they shot themselves in the foot.

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that all of those sets match up precisely with the Sonima line in terms of board layout and components. That's pretty telling in my experience.

In a few weeks (3 or less) I'll be in for 2 sets of 20s.. $80 isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
^^^ those prices from CNI AND they want $50usd to ship ONE set.

Those are low prices for sure-may be just right for beam shows from a satilite pj.

I will post the AixiZ prices and ship cost ASAP.

Len

Ah OK, didn't take shipping into account. I'd rather buy from Chuck anyway.. let us know!

^^^ me too. quick too= never overpriced shipping easy to deal with.
You may get a better deal if I pick yours up in person and ship to you.
thanks again for your help====len