Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible Ebay Scam - 300mW BluRay

That's what I'm sayin, Freak - Even commercial systems that are designed and engineered correctly can fail (trust me, I have a few SL7's that have died after less than 1K hrs) - there's NO way I'd want to trust our production running anything that wasn't bulletproof (or at least marginally so).

In his defense, though, I did some quick math, GGW sled, Aixiz, heatsink/bushing, and a homemade driver along with a brand new SL2 SHINP display could be done for about $130-ish, so 200mW at $300 is reachable, but unless the "miracle diode" exists he's not going to be in business long using BDR's, which would end up at just over $270 per unit... My two cents.

POST EDIT: If anyone has one of these drivers or a blown diode, unit, whatever, please PM me as I wouild really like to run some tests on it (at my expense, if neccessary). Thanks!

Last edited:

I have not got a horse in this race but I do have a few observations. Fist thing I find wrong is this guy says he is a "business" His web site provides no physical address on his site. This is a clue there might be a problem. Second while he does sell some items on the web site most are either out of stock or only able to be purchased on Ebay. He has posted his vids on just about every video site on the web. This would not be necessary for any legitimate company. Posting a few is ok but the amount he has out there would indicate that this is his major source of advertising. With very little research it is also very easy to see he uses the same user name on allot of gaming websites not very professional.

I think he did not understand the wealth of FACTUAL information the people here have. Thus the very curt post.

As a last note any business that had nothing to hide would be proud to post facts. This would do nothing but increase his business thus making him more money and friends that is the point of business.

The fact that he has been called out on the "facts" he provided right here leads me to believe something is fishy. Could just be me but I have a good nose for sniffing out a sour deal. If he is the honest company man he claims to be then I look forward to him proving it. Hell I might even become a customer if his facts where to hold up. I look forward to reading the posts of those who have ordered from him and finding out the "true story".

Travis

lazer

Here is what my laser from blacklaser looks like. I disasembled it trying to figure out why it died. He hot glued the laser axiz module in along with the driver.

Attachments

• BlackLaser 002.jpg
    BlackLaser 002.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 124
  • BlackLaser 004.jpg
    BlackLaser 004.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 121
  • BlackLaser 006.jpg
    BlackLaser 006.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 110
  • BlackLaser 010.jpg
    BlackLaser 010.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 116
  • BlackLaser 008.jpg
    BlackLaser 008.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Here is what my laser from blacklaser looks like. I disasembled it trying to figure out why it died. He hot glued the laser axiz module in along with the driver. They were secure and would not come out. Overall it was very neat

Hot glue!?!?!
I hope you're kidding...

Hot glue is an insulator.

lazer

The hot glue is used to hold the the driver breadboard inside the host, the electronics are soldered together not hot glued.

Last edited:
I think Spyder was referring to the Aixiz head being hot-glued, which would hold all (or most) of the heat generated by the diode IN, instead of letting it dissipate into the host .... BAD PLAN!

BTW, still hope somone with one of Jason's TTL drivers will step up so we can do some testing, as well as one of his diodes (dead or alive, although from what it sounds like, dead is more likely :)

I think Spyder was referring to the Aixiz head being hot-glued, which would hold all (or most) of the heat generated by the diode IN, instead of letting it dissipate into the host .... BAD PLAN!

BTW, still hope somone with one of Jason's TTL drivers will step up so we can do some testing, as well as one of his diodes (dead or alive, although from what it sounds like, dead is more likely :)

That's exactly what I was reffering to :)

lazer

Oh... lol I thought you thought the parts were hot glued but yes hot glueing an axiz module is a bad idea. Brewcitymusic, do you want to test the driver in the picture I posted? I'd be happy to send it to you with the diode(fried).

Laser - that would be sweet, I doun't know if it's one of his TTL drivers but whatever you do don't touch the pot (if there is one) - I'll PM you