Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

possibility of eye damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those capped words should have been in a larger font, but if i quote them, then they'll be twice as many, so the larger font is unneeded.

I can fix this
TROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLLTROLL

Although I know there are some really stupid people out there, I find it hard to believe that a parent would allow their kids to play with such high power lasers.

I find it really hard to believe that anyone looking at the brightness of the beam could not determine, even without a warning label, that it shouldnt be shined in the eye.

At least I have yet to meet someone who is that stupid, and God help me if I do.

Although I know there are some really stupid people out there, I find it hard to believe that a parent would allow their kids to play with such high power lasers.

I find it really hard to believe that anyone looking at the brightness of the beam could not determine, even without a warning label, that it shouldnt be shined in the eye.

At least I have yet to meet someone who is that stupid, and God help me if I do.

I hate idiots like that. I once had a low-power green and I let some classmates use it, this one kid just took it and shone it in some guy's eyes right after I told him it could blind someone (exaggeration to get the point across), I punched him in the stomach. Now every time I see some idiot being irresponsible with something dangerous I think back to that moment.

will

I agree with those above, please let this be a troll, pleaaase. If it isn't a troll, I am sorry to hear of your children's eyesight being compromised at an early age due to an uncle who obviously has more money than common sense... Also, yall have to understand, most people have only seen 1-3 mW red lasers that fire in little shapes from the gas station, with those the warnings are very easy to ignore and seem very exxagerated, but the difference between IIIa and IIIb is weather you'll have eyesight after an incident. Also, I'm pretty sure the website explains this very well too... Laser pointers aren't toys, they may be fun, but great responsibility and maturity is needed to operate one safely.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a kid who caught a reflection from the laser fro
a mirror and didn't want to tell what really happened and made a story up.

What???? Could someone clarify this for me? lol!

-Moptsp

Easy, here is a picture of this brother.

tartar.gif

Moptsp

lol.. Yeah this is a troll, most definitely. Else, human intelligence fails hard core.

-Moptsp

HIMNL9

Really, don't know nor can say if it's a troll post or not, can also be true ..... especially considering all the peoples that buy chinese "100mW" and "200mW" pens on street markets, without know a damn hell about what really is a laser and how it must (and overall, how it must not) be used, just cause it's a "thin beautiful light beam" that can be used for point objects and do jokes with friends ..... damn them .....

Once, at a marriage banquet, 4 or 5 of the husband friends was shining the faces of the two with red keychains pointers, thinking it was "funny" ..... luckily, with 2 mW red pointers, but still a stupid thing to do ..... so, after few minutes, it started to upset me, i took out my old, faithful 65mW green pen, hide rear a corner, and started to shine at them (never in face, ofcourse, only flashing at the hands that hold the pointers) ..... they stopped very quickly (LOL, 2mW of red against 65mW of green ..... no history :p :D)

Really, don't know nor can say if it's a troll post or not, can also be true ..... especially considering all the peoples that buy chinese "100mW" and "200mW" pens on street markets, without know a damn hell about what really is a laser and how it must (and overall, how it must not) be used, just cause it's a "thin beautiful light beam" that can be used for point objects and do jokes with friends ..... damn them .....

Once, at a marriage banquet, 4 or 5 of the husband friends was shining the faces of the two with red keychains pointers, thinking it was "funny" ..... luckily, with 2 mW red pointers, but still a stupid thing to do ..... so, after few minutes, it started to upset me, i took out my old, faithful 65mW green pen, hide rear a corner, and started to shine at them (never in face, ofcourse, only flashing at the hands that hold the pointers) ..... they stopped very quickly (LOL, 2mW of red against 65mW of green ..... no history :p :D)

lol
next time try setting them on fire with an IR or something :)

will

Asherz

He would of posted back by now if he was truly concerned for his kids well being, do trolls really not have anything better to do than waist our time? If your not a troll I'm sorry and your an idiot for letting your kids play with these, lasers are not toys!

He would of posted back by now if he was truly concerned for his kids well being, do trolls really not have anything better to do than waist our time? If your not a troll I'm sorry and your an idiot for letting your kids play with these, lasers are not toys!

I was thinking the same thing.

If this is for real, then dad really should tell us how the doctors appointment went.

Of course if I was the doctor, I would have called child services immediately and turned the adults in for negligence.

mfo

Does meeting yourself count? You're pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.