Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poor laser switch, help needed

Hello fellow laser fanatics!
I recently purchased this 445nm 300mw violet laser pointer from o-like.com and have a few problems with it. Ignore the fact I made it half-review.

Different from the original images, I had my suspicions.

4lDP2wpl.jpg

First of all, the connection between the battery and the circuit board was terrible. Seems that someone has left something undone. I had to solder the connections for it to start working.

wIKk9R8l.jpg

Secondly, the main ongoing problem is that he laser pointer is meant to handle one 18650 battery, however I find it too big to fit inside. The battery is pressing really hard against the circuit board and the end cap that it might have just damaged it. As far as I could tell it has damaged the switch in some way.

0iTFP2Sl.jpg

The little "nipple" thingy you see there is the one that gets pressed down by the battery. If I loosen the end cap the laser starts working. However, I need it to be splash proof, meaning water can't get inside. Any ideas on how to fix this?
P.S. It's not the solder that takes up all the room, it's as thin as it can possibly get. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Try sanding the nipple down. Also, maybe disassemble the tailcap to see if anything is wrong inside. Use some needle nose pliers and stick the ends into the two holes you can see in your last pic to unscrew it.

daguin

Either get yourself an "unprotected" 18650 (they're shorter)
or
Pull the tail cap apart and grind/sand down the length of the "button"

Peave,
dave

Ah yes, I was looking for a way to disassemble the tail cap. From what I can tell all seems to be in order. Might try shortening the whatchacallit "nipple".
Thanks for the quick feedback.

Tmack

Dave onto something ;)

My protected cells never let me fully tighten the tail cap. Just grab you an unprotected cell and it will avoid having to grind the nipple..... Ouch!

So I ended up snipping off a small piece of the spring and everything works fine now.

RwRuO9tl.jpg

Thanks for all the support.

Tmack

Wish everything went that smoothly. Couldn't ask for much more than that. Question to solved in 15 minutes.

Last edited: