Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

POLL - Close the politics thread?

Close politics thread

• Keep as is

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Yes close thread but do not delete

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes close thread and delete

• Move to Vets section instead

• Yes and close the religion thread too

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keep it but moderate it like any other thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve been here quite some time. Not a super active poster because I have too many hobbies but I do read a lot here. Never once have I ventured into the political thread. I doubt new users will venture over there but maybe so.

I’ve thought about people getting offended. It’s my opinion that people who get offended are usually looking to be offended.
Ive been much more active over at the RC Groups forum, they have a huge “other” section over there with political threads. They moderate but not excessively( not saying you do).

I will say Unown that checking every single post, every single day has to be exhausting! I can’t imagine if lasers become super trendy again or if some amazing new diode pops up and you get slammed. I guess you cross that bridge when you get there.

I often post information from my subscriptions to the NY Times and the Washington Post which are not available unless you subscribe. That is not my opinion, though I do offer my opinion also from time to time. I find this an extra information impart to this debate.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Closing the thread will just make that content 'leak out' elsewhere. It's good to have that sandbox for those that wish to play in it, rather than splashing it across other threads.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I will say Unown that checking every single post, every single day has to be exhausting! I can’t imagine if lasers become super trendy again or if some amazing new diode pops up and you get slammed. I guess you cross that bridge when you get there.
It's soooo exhausting. I think what's going to end up happening is I'm going to mute the channel and completely ignore it and let anything go on that darn thread. Despite what some might say I actually care about the people here on this forum even if they hate me. I'm just trying to do my job.

It's soooo exhausting. I think what's going to end up happening is I'm going to mute the channel and completely ignore it and let anything go on that darn thread. Despite what some might say I actually care about the people here on this forum even if they hate me. I'm just trying to do my job.
That makes good sense just ignore the thread , im sure nobody hates you . Hate is a very strong word now lets get back to business for the forum.
Rich:)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Anyone know how to mute a thread? I forgot. Actually I don't think I ever had to mute a thread before

One used to just put it on your ignore setting. I would think it hasn't changed much.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Not seeing anything for it. Xenforo is new to us. I can mute it as a mod but it would mute it for everyone. Don't see a personal setting anywhere for it.
Just googled it and it appears to need an addon. I'll ask Ave to add it

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Just asked Avery to add it. See what he says. Also does anyone miss having animated avatars? Because I do
Yes. Definitely miss animated avatars. Also prefer them when they wasn’t circular too.
I’m sure I asked about it when xenforo was adopted. Not sure if it was something that had to be paid for.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Okay so Ave is reluctant to add any unnecessary addon unless absolutely necessary due to security so it will not be added. There's no way to prevent it from showing up under new results so I'm just going to have to learn to ignore it the old fashioned way. -_-

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I remember that change, had to switch avatars because the old one was an animated gif and just froze to one frame after the forum upgrade. Wish we could have animated ones again, but really a tiny issue, not worth messing the forum up over.