Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

polished c6 host

I've been bored so I have deanodized my c6 laser host and polished it. it turned out great!

IMG_2236_zps3464261a.jpg

Here is the comparison between the black anodized to the finished product. The host in the middle is pre-polished.

IMG_2238_zps05e84bad.jpg

let me know what you guys think,
thanks -noah
Im not selling these:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/polished-c6-hosts-88533.html

Last edited:

It seems like in between the diamond pattern would be a biatch to polish. I can't tell from the pictures, did you successfully get it? Or is there still some black in there?

Yes, i rubbed it for hours and there is still polish residue, its not much of a problem though, next time I won't bother polishing the pattern.

It seems like in between the diamond pattern would be a biatch to polish. I can't tell from the pictures, did you successfully get it? Or is there still some black in there?
IMG_2241_zpsd62a6832.jpg

I doubt there's still some dye in there since I soaked the host in de-greaser for long enough

Yes, i rubbed it for hours and there is still polish residue

Must....must resist urge to make dirty comment XD

That's a nice polish job. Maybe it would be good to use a toothbrush and some kind of solvent to remove the anodizing in the knurling perhaps? Just a thought.

Must....must resist urge to make dirty comment XD

That's a nice polish job. Maybe it would be good to use a toothbrush and some kind of solvent to remove the anodizing in the knurling perhaps? Just a thought.
Haha, I knew someone who do that. I will try that, thanks :)

Try some acetone or MEK haha, those 2 solvents are my solutions 2 everything! Nice polish also, what do you use first to remove the anodising?

Best thing to remove the anodizing is Draino max gel :beer:
7469021716_475aaa4710.jpg

Last edited: