Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

polished c6 host

Nprlaser

I've been bored so I have deanodized my c6 laser host and polished it. it turned out great!

Here is the comparison between the black anodized to the finished product. The host in the middle is pre-polished.

let me know what you guys think,
thanks -noah
Im not selling these:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/polished-c6-hosts-88533.html

Last edited:

crazyspaz

It seems like in between the diamond pattern would be a biatch to polish. I can't tell from the pictures, did you successfully get it? Or is there still some black in there?

Nprlaser

Yes, i rubbed it for hours and there is still polish residue, its not much of a problem though, next time I won't bother polishing the pattern.

Nprlaser

It seems like in between the diamond pattern would be a biatch to polish. I can't tell from the pictures, did you successfully get it? Or is there still some black in there?

I doubt there's still some dye in there since I soaked the host in de-greaser for long enough

Lotus_Darkrose

Yes, i rubbed it for hours and there is still polish residue
Must....must resist urge to make dirty comment XD

That's a nice polish job. Maybe it would be good to use a toothbrush and some kind of solvent to remove the anodizing in the knurling perhaps? Just a thought.

Nprlaser

Must....must resist urge to make dirty comment XD

That's a nice polish job. Maybe it would be good to use a toothbrush and some kind of solvent to remove the anodizing in the knurling perhaps? Just a thought.
Haha, I knew someone who do that. I will try that, thanks :)

RYDorDIE278

Try some acetone or MEK haha, those 2 solvents are my solutions 2 everything! Nice polish also, what do you use first to remove the anodising?

Polonium210

Best thing to remove the anodizing is Draino max gel :beer:

Last edited:

Nprlaser

Try some acetone or MEK haha, those 2 solvents are my solutions 2 everything! Nice polish also, what do you use first to remove the anodising?
I used "Easy Off" oven cleaner, it worked pretty well.