Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pls help

It is still safe, it's only unsafe to look directly at the dot, even more so when burning. Just be sure you don't have some accident where the laser flashes you in the face from that angle, like maybe if it slipped out of your hand or something like that. I remember there was someone here with the same problem and he didn't like it so he made two rubber flaps that he glued to bottom of the glasses. I myself have 3 different glasses and only one is a perfect fit for me.

Alan

OVNI

when I wear these goggles Eagle Pair® 190-540nm OD6 Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

they didn't fully cover my eyes I mean there is enough space right under these goggles to the light to enter and I can see blue light in the background entering under the goggles when im trying to burn paper is it still safe or I should worry? thank you

I've noticed the same thing. I also noticed that when it's hot, my face can sweat and a lot more light can get reflected off my skin. So I keep a towel nearby.

If it's diffuse light reflected from your skin/cheeks and glowing underneath, try tipping your head forward and moving back from your work piece.

If you have a gap where a reflected beam can come straight in to your eye then get different glasses.

If in doubt at all get different glasses.

Last edited:
just remember that were ever there is a gap you have the potential to catch a stray shot from a bounce. Lasers can bounce off any thing reflective. be aware of that and your fine