Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pleese read and help me

amkdeath said:
HOLY SHIT
Hercules-400 400-425mW ~ 500mW $2,989.00

I donno, being that expensive, id expect something sturdy... call them and say it was broken when you got it out of the box, and now you are VERY un-satisfied by having to pay shipping to send it back, and that if they dont replace it so that there is no cost for you, you will not buy from them anymore. being someone who bought 3 grand worth of stuff from them, i think they would want you as a customer...

I'm sure they are sturdy, but no portable laser is going to survive a drop of several feet onto a hard surface, they are delicate instruments.

Also. don't try insult our intelligence by lying and "it arrived that way". These lasers, are not mass produced, cheaply packaged and untested like something you would buy at WalMart. Each one is hand built, well tested, and well packaged. Unless your package arrived in a "crushed" state and notified the deliverer and photographed the box for insurance purposes, your out of luck.
Even if the laser itself looks to be in pefect physical condition, being less than honest will only back fire on you, as they can easily identify a failure caused by excessive G-force (dropping).
You have a pretty twisted way of justifying your crime...and that's just what it is when you try to make these kinds of false claims; sure he is a customer who bought a $3,000 product, but when a customer lies about something of this magnitude, they have just changed into someone trying to, in effect steal a $3000 laser.

Honesty will get you much further than lying about what happened. Tell them the truth and I'm sure they will get it repaired for you as inexpensively as they can, but if you lie to them, they will know it as soon as they do an internal inspection, then I would doubt you would get a low repair price at all.....

btw, making such claims on a high priced product like this, is actually a crime and if they desired to make an example, it could put the perpetrator in an undesirable legal situation.

Jack

bootleg2go said:
I'm sure they are sturdy, but no portable laser is going to survive a drop of several feet onto a hard surface, they are delicate instruments.
My RPL has ;). Then again, I've subjected it to much more abuse than that.

T

timelord

I've dropped my Aries 175mw on the tarmac and it survived ok except a small scratch on the end cap :-?

Timelord said:
I've dropped my Aries 175mw on the tarmac and it survived ok except a small scratch on the end cap :-?
Hi Timelord,
It's not impossible for these lasers to be dropped and survive, if it hits the surface at just the angle it's entirely possible; but you were pretty darn lucky.

Jack

T

timelord

bootleg2go said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1196560036/15#20 date=1196612931]I've dropped my Aries 175mw on the tarmac and it survived ok except a small scratch on the end cap :-?
Hi Timelord,
It's not impossible for these lasers to be dropped and survive, if it hits the surface at just the angle it's entirely possible; but you were pretty darn lucky.

Jack[/quote]
Hi Jack
You are so right because right at that moment my heart was in my mouth bigtime :eek: And when it worked ok I was ever so relieved, I give that laser a big kiss and thanked my lucky stars that all was well. :)

Milos

Timelord said:
You are so right because right at that moment my heart was in my mouth bigtime :eek: And when it worked ok I was ever so relieved, I give that laser a big kiss and thanked my lucky stars that all was well. :)

hoooohh, TL I so know that feelig ;D ;D

sorry about my post, now that I see it it may as well not be the right thing to do, as this has never happened to me, I jsut gave a suggestion. Sorry if it sounded bad

amk

Milos

I don't see anything came out bad amk. If anything, if the post was legit, I would agree with you.

no head ackes!

peace

Kenom

well amkdeath, the important thing is to be honest in all of our dealing. Yes, it's an expensive laser and the desire to fib or lie and say the resposibility for dropping it is not yours but that's essentially what it comes down to. We need to have integrity in everything we do. The general downfall of society is a result of every person saying oh it it won't hurt this one time and it DOES.