Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please don't do this.......

gazer101

Lol I speak from experience here; killing an airborne insect with a 1W laser is next to impossible... they move too fast for any meaningful heat buildup

gazer101

Believe it...

But thats hella more powerful than 1W, let alone eye safe if a toddler is off in the distance when the laser fires

Probably better to construct a non-toxic volatile insecticide that binds to insects and explodes becomes toxic when contacted by a lower-powered laser of a certain wavelength, that way good insects survive and people don't go blind

But thats hella more powerful than 1W, let alone eye safe if a toddler is off in the distance when the laser fires

Probably better to construct a non-toxic volatile insecticide that binds to insects and explodes becomes toxic when contacted by a lower-powered laser of a certain wavelength, that way good insects survive and people don't go blind
It uses a millisecond pulse and can detect if a person is in range of the laser and it will not target them, even if a mosquito is inline with the person and it will wait until it has a clean shot, it can even detect the difference between the "beat" of a mosquito's wings versus the "beat" of a bee or butterfly wings and it will not "strike" them allowing them to pass by unharmed! it eliminates the need to manufacture and use unhealthy and dangerous pesticides which pollute the environment using nothing but light!

Last edited:

gazer101

It uses a millisecond pulse and can detect if a person is in range of the laser, it can even detect the difference between the "beat" of a mosquito's wings versus the "beat" of a bee or butterfly wings and it will not "strike" them allowing them to pass by unharmed!
But what if a human is a few meters behind the mosquito looking into the laser as it fires at the mosquito

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I think this is a better option:

But what if a human is a few meters behind the mosquito looking into the laser as it fires at the mosquito
as I said...

"it can detect if a person is in range of the laser and it will not target them, even if a mosquito is inline with the person and it will wait until it has a clean shot"

Sorry, I was adding more to my post to clarify its operation...

Last edited:
I think this is a better option:

That requires and person to operate and hit what he or she is aiming at and I think that is better suited to kill one fly at a time than to try and hit any mosquitos, not to mention how much salt would be needed and spread around just trying to kill a single mosquito, and it's not very home or indoors friendly unless of course, you enjoy vacuuming the floor for countless hours...

gazer101

If they really managed to somehow detect people behind mosquitoes, I want one lol!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
That requires and person to operate and hit what he or she is aiming at and I think that is better suited to kill one fly at a time than to try and hit any mosquitos, not to mention how much salt would be needed and spread around just trying to kill a single mosquito, and it's not very home or indoors friendly unless of course, you enjoy vacuuming the floor for countless hours...
Beats blindness.

If they really managed to somehow detect people behind mosquitoes, I want one lol!
Well, it's not like a mosquito is going to block the person from the laser's view!

"Damn I didn't see that guy behind the mosquito!" :ROFLMAO:

Beats blindness.
You can say that about most anything but first, it has to be able to blind someone inadvertently, which the mosquito laser will not do by design.

You should really watch all the videos all the way through before you question how safe it is, only then will you understand just how safe it is by design.

A person is very easy to detect next to the beat rate of a mosquito wings...

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

It takes a silly amount of hardware. How many galvo pairs with lenses do you need to cover a sphere? At 60' optical scan angle per pair = lots of hardware. Also the enemy has more flying soldiers then you possibly can target with mechanical scanning, there simply is not time to keep resetting the mirror position. This comes up every few years. Window screen and mosquito screen bedding is cheap. So is pesticide, traps, and cleaning up puddles used for breading.

DO THE MATH...

Steve