Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Please can a member help me

biddy79uk

Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
92
Points
8
Hi fellow members i have a charger from a chinese laser order and i dont think it works,
I'v tried to charge my 18650 battery for upto 15 hours with no luck,
The RED light just seems to stay on forever and NEVER turns green,
I have posted a picture of my charger in a previous post.

PLEASE can a fellow member help me out and if you have a spare would be kind enough to send it to me i will pay the P&P if needed

Thank You John
 



ZRaffleticket

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
3,192
Points
113
I don't want to dig through your posts to find a picture of a charger... find it and repost it here...

What kind of 18650 is it?

Check the voltage of the battery. 3.7-4.2V range is what you are looking for.

It could be a bad battery, and it could be a bad charger. There's not enough to get anywhere yet.
 

SKeeZ

Active member
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
467
Points
28
I saw someone with a similar problem. Test the polarities of the charger and battery. however biddy may be correct, buy some trustfire 18650s
 
Last edited:

OzLasers

New member
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
69
Points
0
Maybe grab another cheap charger and test the batteries?

Trustfire batteries have never let me down... yet.
 

petters

Member
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
218
Points
18
Sounds like it could be the protection circuits, but first check the voltage off of the charger, make sure they didn't accidentally put the sticker upside down. If it is not that, then I would try to connect the positive leads of both batteries to each other, and the negative leads to each other for like 5-10 seconds. Sounds stupid but I have fixed 1 or 2 batteries in the past with this (was showing 0V, then showed 3.7 again after). If that doesn't work, your last resort may be to cut off the protection circuit.

Edit: Also, buy some better quality 18650s to save yourself the headache next time around :)
 
Last edited:

Bionic-Badger

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2007
Messages
5,458
Points
83
I cut the protection circuit on a battery I bought that went into permanent protection mode, and accidentally caused a short. Holy shit did that burn a strip down my thumb. So be careful with taking those batteries apart!
 
Last edited:




Top