Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pink handheld laser?

is there a way to make a pink handheld laser from the hosts we usually use to make lasers?
assuming it is, how difficult is it and what kind of price would i be looking at for say around 100mw

I think someone on here had a ps3 and ran the 405 and 650 at the same time and it made a pink i also think it immediatly died though :'( it wasn't 100mw it was about 15 and it wouldnt focus correctly --this is just from memory and my memory is bad ::)

daguin

john_lawson said:
I think someone on here had a ps3 and ran the 405 and 650 at the same time and it made a pink i also think it immediatly died though  :'(  it wasn't 100mw it was about 15 and it wouldnt focus correctly --this is just from memory and my memory is bad ::)

I don't think it should be called "pink." Violet and red don't make pink. I think he called it magenta. Now we just need to find Columbia and we can start the party. :-*

Peace ,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=john_lawson link=1225396534/0#1 date=1225396768]I think someone on here had a ps3 and ran the 405 and 650 at the same time and it made a pink i also think it immediatly died though  :'(  it wasn't 100mw it was about 15 and it wouldnt focus correctly --this is just from memory and my memory is bad ::)

I don't think it should be called "pink."  Violet and red don't make pink.  I think he called it magenta.  Now we just need to find Columbia and we can start the party.   :-*

Peace ,
dave[/quote]

so i'm not likely to be running around burning crap with a pink laser beam anytime soon? This saddens me :(

daguin

Mohrenberg said:
[quote author=daguin link=1225396534/0#2 date=1225397549][quote author=john_lawson link=1225396534/0#1 date=1225396768]I think someone on here had a ps3 and ran the 405 and 650 at the same time and it made a pink i also think it immediatly died though  :'(  it wasn't 100mw it was about 15 and it wouldnt focus correctly --this is just from memory and my memory is bad ::)
I don't think it should be called "pink."  Violet and red don't make pink.  I think he called it magenta.  Now we just need to find Columbia and we can start the party.   :-*
Peace ,
dave[/quote]
so i'm not likely to be running around burning crap with a pink laser beam anytime soon? This saddens me :([/quote]

I THINK that the only way to get pink is to turn up the red in your RGB analog scanner

Peace,
dave

diachi

Only way to get MAGENTA in a pointer that could be collimated to a distance more than a few meters, would be to use a red and blu-ray modules that are separate and combine them using a PBS or dichros.

-Adam

Switch

Diachi said:
Only way to get MAGENTA in a pointer that could be collimated to a distance more than a few meters, would be to use a red and blu-ray modules that are separate and combine them using a PBS or dichros.

-Adam

Which should be pretty doable, but I don't see how you're gonna burn stuff with it.Maybe with an external beam expander, and that's if you align them so well to focus at the same spot. :-/

VW

Just get a Blu-Ray, fill the room up with smoke and pretend it's actually pink... :)