Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 8/17

Wow that yellow :drool:

Once again, beautiful artwork brucemir :beer:

sinner

Superb Images brucemir.. I simply love the 2nd and the 6th image, Must be hard to choose a walpaper between these two!

gismo

What else could be said here?

Extremely well proceeded laser photography show, with a standard so high it's nearly impossible to match (at least for me:eek:).

I'm surprised why wasn't a sticky/tutorial of how-to-take superb laser beam pics created there yet:thinking:. You, Brucemir, would be right on the top of it:D

Keep 'em coming, sir!

Last edited:
Amazing work as always! How many beams were there in those first few pics? :eek: ;) :beer:

Edit: +1 when I can.....

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Hi Grainde, in the first three pics here is what I used:

First - 650nm 200 mw & 638nm 130mw through Dragon Lasers Fan Diffraction gratings
460nm 100mw through an Optotronincs Gel Star Diffraction grating
532nm 100mw into mirrors

Second - 650nm 200mw & 638nm 130mw through Dragon Lasers Fan Diffraction Gratings
Two 405nm 500 mw using Lasesbtb Circle Diffraction caps
589nm 5mw through an Optotronics Gel Star diffraction gratings

Third - 589nm 5mw through Dragon Lasers Diffraction Fan Grating
532nm 100mw though Dragon Lasers Diffraction Fan Grating
532nm 80 mw through Dragon Laser Diffraction Fan Grating
405nm 500mw using Laserbtb Circle Diffraction Cap
650nm 200mw & 638nm 130mw into mirrors

A while ago I purchased an Optotronics Lens kit and it came with 2 star and 2 beam splitter gel (very thin plastic) 2" square gratings. I really never used them because in their present form they were very awkward to use. Last week I got the idea to take 4 very old 35mm slides and cut out the film and cut the gratings down to size and tape them to the back of the cardboard slides. In that format I have found they are very useable and give me four more gratings, though not nearly as good as the Dragon Laser ones, but they are nice. One thing I do like about the Optotronics Star ones are they do not create as many beams as the DL ones, or for that matter the Lasesbtb Star caps and do not overtake the picture.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Once again, a superb light show Bruce! :beer:
Photo #2 is slick.
The last pic looks like it's "raining sunshine" on those prisms! :cool: