Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Picked up some 635 lasers off E-Bay.

I've updated the original post with a list of those interested. Please let me know if I don't have you down.

daguin

I got a chance to play with this today (Last night was finals :beer:)

The laser I received tested out to 636nm @ 3.5mW

This is pretty cool to have in a collection. Being powered by two "C" cell batteries makes it pretty big in the hand. It is definitely not a pen laser or a pocket laser ;)
However, it will fit right in with my smaller, battery powered HeNe pointers :san:

ednalite635.jpg

Peace,
dave

Fenzir

Good to see some results back!
Thanks for your verification, Dave. I'm one of the people that was waiting for this :pop:

As for the lasers, Jcranmer, can you post pictures of the one with the imperfect dot?

I got a chance to play with this today (Last night was finals :beer:)

The laser I received tested out to 636nm @ 3.5mW
[/IMG]

Thank you Dave. I really appreciate you were willing to take a chance on one of these and actually properly test it for me. I knew it was "different" then my normal reds, but having never seen 635 in real life it was impossible to say for sure.

As for the lasers, Jcranmer, can you post pictures of the one with the imperfect dot?

As it turns out after looking at these much closer for a second time, I actually have two perfect ones left for sale. These I will call A grade. These have dots much like what I posted above and like the one I sent to Dave.

The other two are a slightly different story. One is just like I said. It looks much like this: (*), I am calling this B grade to avoid confusion. The last one I have I would call C grade. It has the same weird dot, plus more "splash" then the other ones.

For the B grade laser this odd dot disappears with more then maybe 6 inches of distance. For the C grade; the "parentheses" disappear at the same distance, but there is still some splash visible.

Keep in mind these photo's don't do any of them justice. My phone sucks at taking pics of lasers in action. I really need to invest in a better camera one day. Also the distance photo's, the detail has been cropped and zoomed in about 100% so the detail is not as sharp.

B Grade photos:

At about 4 inches:
photo%2525202%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

At about 12 feet:

photo%2525204%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

Grade C photos:

At about 4 inches: (Notice the dot doesn't look as clean / more splash)
photo%2525201%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

At about 12 feet: (It's hard to see but there is a slight bit more "splash"

photo%2525205%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

So as I go down the list, I'll give the next two people the option of A, B, or C.

B and C will be slightly cheaper.

I'm not selling these to make much money and I want everyone to be happy. Please keep in mind these are used and the cases do show some wear and in some cases actual cracks and writing.

I've lightly tested these and while they do all work, I can't guarantee these will continue to work long term. I will however make it right if you get one and it completely dies in 10 days.

I'm looking for $20.00 + actual shipping for the two remaining A grade lasers and $15.00 + shipping for ether the B or C. (I can't really afford to go any cheaper on the C or I will be losing money).

Please keep in mind as Dave mentioned these are rather large and because of that, I can't get them to fit in a small flat rate box. They have to go in a medium if you want the case. If you do not care about the case, I can fit them in a small flat rate box. (I can actually fit up to 3 in each small box without the cases, but to be fair I would like to limit these to one for each person)

I will be working down the list in the OP and sending PMs to confirm total amount, grade, and case requirements.

Last edited:
@joeyss
Are you still interested in one of these.

I have one A grade left and 1 C grade left. I'd like to know for sure if you are interested, so I can move on down the list.

I am still interested in it.

Cool. Sent you another PM. Just let me know which one you want.

Edit: I can't LPM individual meters, as I don't have an LPM. The best I can offer is that these all look to be the same color and brightness as the one I sent Dave, which turned out to be 636nm @ 3.5mw

James

Last edited:

Fenzir

I LPM'd mine using a 2.5w USB and got a reading of 3mw. Pretty much what I was expecting from it! But This kind of replaces my usual around-the-house red low powered laser. I took a picture to further define the difference between 3mw of 635 and 6mw of 650/660.
635 is on the right
0809112001.jpg

Wow, I love the picture. That really puts the difference into wavelengths into perspective! Thank you for posting that.

Just wanted to mention... Love my laser. A very unique HUGE host. Also it's interesting to see two exact same powers side by 650/660 and 635nm. It's amazing how much brighter the 635nm appears. Makes me positively drool at he idea of .5W diodes...

Edit: Fenzir's photo is a good illustration, but to me 535nm appears a tad more orange.

Last edited:
got mine yesterday, cool color! thanks james for the lagniappe!

LOL! I had to google that one. :D Your more then welcome. Glad you like it.

Edit: All lasers are sold now. Thank you all and enjoy the lasers.

Last edited: