Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[PIC HEAVY] Laser-Loving Girlfriend with DSLR: Now Pictures!

Haha. I know you guys wanted pictures of the girlfriend but that's not what this is. Sorry fellas =p Anyway, my girlfriend is awesome, and she loves lasers, unlike many girls D: So, she offered to take me out to Fountain Hills last night (I don't have a car) so we could take some good pictures, now that she has her DSLR and her tripods.

Anyway, so we got some REALLY sick pictures. They aren't necessarily anything special - most of my lasers can't be on at the same time due to the mom-on nature of the pen-style lasers, but they are still really neat nonetheless.

But enough talk. Let's get to the pictures!

So some of these are without tripods and have different length exposure. The interesting thing is that the one that looks purple is actually my 1.1W 445nm, whereas the one that looks blue is my 500mW 405nm.

Anyway, here they are, in no particular order!

IMG_5016.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5036.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5042.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5046.JPG

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics! Comment if you will ^_^

Last edited:

i LOVE the pics of the 589nm :D and you should probably marry that girl :p

I know - the 589s are beautiful :D Anyway, maybe some day. Not really thinking of that right now though :p

if she lets you spend money on lasers and likes them ...... :p

wait a sec she might be a alien O_____________________o

jimdt7

Very nice and clear pictures, really awesome !
How powerfull is the 589nm ?
+1 :beer:

Jim

The 589nm is the one RHD and I did a two-person GB with. We paid for >30mW from CNI, and mine came in at a whopping 85mW average with 100mW peak!

Cool pics:) Yeah I dont really show my lasers to my girlfriend anymore because the last time I did she tried shining it at a car... I dont think I stressed the danger of the lasers enough to her lol

Yeah, I actually really liked the red shots too. If you noticed, the one with the red pointed at the sky was an attempt to get it in the center of the Big Dipper (it was really prominent and really bright that night - not used to seeing stars like that!)... but unfortunately, she couldn't angle the camera enough.

Those are absolutely gorgeous with the desert backdrop. :kewlpics: I think the red at sunset is just stunning! Although I'm a noob the red almost looks like a 635nm as it is so visible!

I wonder why the blue looks violet? In any case it looks fantastic! Please take more! :drool:

Haha. I will take more (by the way, love the profile picture). However, interesting point... these were all taken around 1 o'clock in the morning - it definitely wasn't sunset. What it was was a 15 second long exposure time. The light from the city down below us (we were up in Fountain Hills, which are essentially really slow-climbing hills on the edge of Phoenix, AZ), and so the light from the city a few miles away was probably scattering enough that 15 seconds of exposure time lit up the bottom down there.

Fascinating stuff ^_^ It looks almost like day in those pictures, but to us, it was pitch-black.

EDIT: And, it's actually not a 635 - I don't have one yet! It's actually 660. The long exposure-time though REALLY helps when you want to take amazing pictures.

Last edited:
I usually wait till late at night as well to bring out my lasers even though they are quite puny compared to yours. :p I guess I'm kind of paranoid about attracting too much attention with them as even though I'm doing nothing wrong I live in the city and it seems if people see your lasers they assume your up to something bad. :tsk:

I really need to find somewhere picturesque like that to take some pictures. I'm thinking maybe on top of a snow capped mountain shining reflection along the snow down the mountain or beams parrallel along the ocean with water reflection at night.

P.S. Thanks Wolfman!

It is really me in that picture!! :evil: Btw... This one time at band camp.... :D

Haha.

I never thought of the Phoenix area as picturesque :thinking:. I was just on the side of the road, shining some lasers into the sky - the only reason I chose that part of town was because it was dark. If you want to see some real picturesque photos, you'll have to wait until I get get to Monument Valley again and take some laser photos there....

By the way - my girlfriend loves purple... guess what I am getting her for Valentine's Day? Gonna build her a ~85mW pen-style PHR :D Oh. And also lotuses and roses. But also the laser! XD