Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PETITION: >250mW E2 Evolutions from Wicked!

PETITION for >250mW E2 Evolution 532nm 2xAA-battery lasers from Wicked Lasers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Change it from a petition someone stated it above a petition is to halt or stop something and looks bad in the eyes of someone else. If its a poll to gather stats it would look alot better when you present it to Steve IMO. Feel free to disagree this is just the way i see it.

Exerd

First definition for word "petition":

A petition is a request to change something

Asherz

First definition for word "petition":

A petition is a request to change something

change is to edit something that already exists, your requesting a whole new product to be added, since the pen host is not a viable route.

I agree completely with Morgan, petition comes across as being rude and it's pretty unproductive. But if you feel demanding a new product is the way to go about convincing a business go ahead.

A more commonly recognized definition of petition:

"A written document of protest that requests that some action be taken by the target of the petition. A petition normally contains a statement of concern or grievance, and is signed by citizens or groups."

Morgan

I'm glad you see just how this should be handled. Wait, did you even say anything when it was being discussed? Oh, that's right, you did not. :na:

Do you really think each person who read this and clicked would have also each emailed WL? Get real!

No, you're right, I did not contribute to the original discussion. I'm sorry I missed it as I may have suggested polling or posting this thread on the WL forum and not here. This way, an individual email may not have been necessary as Steve, no doubt, does keep an eye there as a matter of course. (At least one of staff will). Hwoever, I do know this... If I were running a business and received, 'n', number of emails, all requesting the same product, I would likely take serious note.

I know what you are saying, cmak and his polls. :D I admit, I pushed this idea, so I have to defend it on cmak's part.

You clearly see my point here and I understand a certain natural drive to want to protect the thread, having being involved in discussions to start it. I also take no personal offense and hope you feel the same. This is not an attack but merely the first time I've not been able to hold in my slight frustration due to these seemingly incessant polls. It feels like the guy, when I go shopping, who has the clipboard asking for, '...a moment of my time'. No, I haven't, and won't ever.

@ cmak - I think you can do better than just think of titles for some poll, or whatever, and then post it. Please try another way to converse. Even the ones on your side in this thread have other ideas and I see you've asked for their input. I hope suggestions are forthcoming from them and you can put them into action. Nothing personal, just a friendly nudge.

Thanks again,

M
:)

Exerd

change is to edit something that already exists, your requesting a whole new product to be added, since the pen host is not a viable route.

I agree completely with Morgan, petition comes across as being rude and it's pretty unproductive. But if you feel demanding a new product is the way to go about convincing a business go ahead.

A more commonly recognized definition of petition:

"A written document of protest that requests that some action be taken by the target of the petition. A petition normally contains a statement of concern or grievance, and is signed by citizens or groups."

You really do want to beat this one until it is dead.

I will add to your narrow interpretation of definitions. :evil:

Change is to...edit?

OK, I agree with you.

How about this, Product line

We would like the product line to be changed.

Now it is directed toward something being "edited", and meets even your rules of definition.

Sorry, just playing your game.

Why must you feel the need to take this thread into your hands and twist its purpose to a level of negativity? I don't get it. This is not what you are attempting to make it. It is just a simple demonstration. A desire is being demonstrated. No one here is "demanding" WL do anything. It seems pretty childish that you have to try and tell the people that are speaking just what they are speaking about. :rolleyes:

I would definitely buy a >130mW Evo pro. I love the host, feels great in my hand, and in my pocket. And recently, it will make my wallet feel better too.

cmak

Still think it sounds quite rude and misleading.
Say what?
Well, apparently you haven't read the poll question, nor have you even cared so much as to glance at the Thread Title, because if you had done either, you would know that this IS in fact pushing for a more powerful E2 Evolution, which IS in fact a pen host. And yes it IS viable to get those power levels of 532nm in pen hosts, have you even heard of the Nova Endeavor? Besides this one is a bigger host that runs on AA's, and not your standard AAA's, so it is even better suited for higher powers (better heatsinking, more voltage/current, more space [if needed], etc.).

@Morgan
- Thanks for wording your post with such care for respecting others, keep it up :yh:

Once again, if anyone wants something changed about the thread title or the OP, let me know. The one thing that I can't edit, however, is the poll question or its contents (nor can I remove it altogether).

-Chris

Last edited:

cmak

I was saying that when you read that this is a petition it seems rude and misleading.
Yet I still fail to see how, and am actually quite shocked that anyone would find a petition of this nature to be in any way rude, misleading, or remotely disrespectful. Maybe some people just have the experience that petitions should always be for changing something that is bad or wrong with something... to the people that have such experience with petitions, I just want to let you know that it's not always like that and that petitions are perfectly suitable for this kind of a situation, and not just for fixing an existing "problem". That was a long sentence :p

-Chris

I don't personally care if it is in a petition format here, however I'm more used to seeing a title like "interest check". This allows members the option of giving input when there is an interest in purchasing a particular item. I am interested in a more powerful greenie at a reasonable price, but I fall into a different category as I can purchase a high powered laser diode and power supply and install that into my own customized host. I realize however that the majority of members here are in need of a commercial source at a low price already built and hopefully with a warranty. Just my 2 cents.

cmak

Interesting idea, however I'm not sure that many people are familiar with the term "Interest Check", even as self-explanatory as it is :p

-Chris

Exerd

I am interested in a more powerful greenie at a reasonable price, but I fall into a different category as I can purchase a high powered laser diode and power supply and install that into my own customized host. I realize however that the majority of members here are in need of a commercial source at a low price already built and hopefully with a warranty.

It's sounds as if you have no idea how a green laser works.

What is this different category of people you speak of? You can build an AA 250mW green yourself?

Yes, and you could too probably, but I wouldn't use 2xAA, but instead a single 18650 for one of these.......

High power 300mW green laser module/IR filtered [OLHGLM250] - $225.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

The way I understand that a green dpss laser works is that an IR laser diode, in this case running at 2W is positioned to strike a KTP crystal to frequency double the IR light coming in, such as this picture.........

Green-laser-pointer-dpss-diagrams.jpg

But, I'm an amateur machinist and have a lathe etc., so I take aluminum or sometimes stainless pipe to machine a host for very low $$$

A project from last year, my stainless raygun w/325mW red..............
4804149412_02a7c78b98.jpg

Last edited:

Exerd

Uh...I think you're missing the point. I know how it works.

What you describe would make a giant hideous thing with a poor beam. Yes, those O-Like modules have huge divergence, I have a 400mW from them. Posting a picture of how a DPSS works, and then saying "buy a module" is hardly proving that you have the skills to get even remotely close to building what we are talking about. Please, take it elsewhere and not here.