Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

personality profile

ive taken that 16 personalities test and still have the results from idk how many years ago
a2U0FDA.png

Hi All:

The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is not a valid indicator of anything, except entertainment value. It has been shown to be unreliable, and would never be used by any psychologist or researcher of personality types. Individual results differ over time periods as short as a few weeks. Statistical analysis shows that it fails to even measure personality. It has become popular since the advent of the Internet, and has famously been referred to as a “psychological fortune cookie”. Have fun with it, but please don’t put much stock in it. Take Care. :D

-cd

Last edited:
I’ve taken the test a few times over the years, test as INTJ much of the time, but sometimes the test indicates ENTJ. I imagine there are individuals who have more swing between the types when tested over a period if time, or none at all. For those who test differently from time to time, the test doesn’t show more than the variables for them. I’d expect there are fortune cookie types who can be highly inconsistent, but I bet not everyone is.

Now you all have access to my test results. That test doesn’t reveal anything to have concern about, me thinks.

Last edited:

GSS

Me too, ISTJ
20 years ago it most likely be different for me or do people's true profile's never change even though we think it does?

Some of the question's were obviously to general, one was how do you like learn and I said yes to someone showing me over me reading, but I was thinking for example, if I were to learn to post pic's on the forum I would need someone next to me, but this isn't true for other things that I would rather read and not have someone lurking over me.

About 15 years ago I took a 3 hour or so test that wasn't a true IQ test but gave a general number, "115 if your curious" but I think he padded the numbers to make me feel better:crackup:
I wasn't aware it was so long and kinda got head tired from not preparing "not much morning coffee or cigg" but I probably forgot alot of general schooling over the years but also learned more from over the years so maby it balanced itself off.
Example, I got 610 on my math SAT's but failed to make a total of a 1000:can:Yes my English score was aweful at 370 as far as I remember and this was from someone born in the US:eek: Could be my English picked up a tiny bit.
By the way, what was the true meaning of those tests we took when we in 1st or 2nd or even 3rd grade were we just penciled in the circles?? We never got any scores back...

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey GSS, glad to see another ISTJ in the group. :yh:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I would listen to cyberdoc on this one as he worked as a clinical psychiatrist or psychologist before retiring. If he says this test is an indicator of nothing, I believe him.

I don't know why, but back when I was in grade school they used to give everyone these IQ tests. I know they no longer do it as my daughter was never subjected to one when she was growing up.

Because IQ is a rather poor indicator of success, health, crime, happiness, sociability, aptitude, acumen... or basically anything of use. The only time I see IQ numbers thrown about is in moments of hubris.

GSS

I don't know why, but back when I was in grade school they used to give everyone these IQ tests. I know they no longer do it as my daughter was never subjected to one when she was growing up.
Are these the tests I mentioned where we always needed a #2 pencil to fill in the circles on these thicker than normal old computer type of print paper that we never heard back about any scores?:thinking:
It was a long long time ago:whistle:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
In the UK we do, or did use to do CAT tests when you enter secondary school (highschool). They were essentially IQ tests with puzzle like questions. Scored quite high, but didn't mean anything personally. They used the CAT scores and the SAT results (end of primary school tests) to place you in your sets.

The thing with IQ tests, especially ones like Mensa, is that they are mainly for individuals who like to blow their own trumpet. An elitist ideology. I was contemplating doing an 'official' IQ test for Mensa at one point, but true intelligence comes when you realise that it doesn't mean a thing.
I worked at a college, and was helping run a group challenge. In the groups there was a student who was a Mensa member. He wasn't able to contribute much more to the group than the rest of them.

Last edited:
Are these the tests I mentioned where we always needed a #2 pencil to fill in the circles on these thicker than normal old computer type of print paper that we never heard back about any scores?:thinking:
It was a long long time ago:whistle:

It depends, Peter. We also took tests that gauged how much you had learned from the previous year too. The IQ tests were administered early and had puzzles and questions in the form of riddles to answer. I always did well on them, but didn't put much stock in them. I really never understood the reasoning behind giving them in the first place.

I did take the tests mostly for amusement and introspection (including star wars personality type, Dooku :p).

Regarding access to the information, I usually take the tests via private browser if they are in any way actually revealing. Those that facebook advertisers push, the data could be used for analysis, but the main goal is just to get you to stay on the website so they can serve you ads.

The online IQ tests taken purely for fun, put me anywhere between 110 to 220... which is about as accurate as I expected them to be.