Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Peregrine

Encap

Are you sure this is the software?
BTW, I think I am having a problem with the data logging hardware itself...have to figure that out.
Double trouble.

No not sure but it is worth a try in that it is available and Peregrine is what that LPM uses --maybe take a look/see.

Peregrine from Radiant Alpha works. I have just confirmed this on my HackPro.

IF you are running this software from a Mac running MacOS 10.12.6 or later you will need to disable gate keeper by using the sudo command

sudo spctl --master-disable # disable Gatekeeper

or

xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine # to remove GateKeeper quarantine

I'm going to warn anyone using these apps, that none of them are up to date.
There is potential security risk running these applications as they are utilizing out of date versions of Java!!

Last edited:
Peregrine from Radiant Alpha works. I have just confirmed this on my HackPro.

IF you are running this software from a Mac running MacOS 10.12.6 or later you will need to disable gate keeper by using the sudo command

sudo spctl --master-disable # disable Gatekeeper

or

xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine # to remove GateKeeper quarantine

I'm going to warn anyone using these apps, that none of them are up to date.
There is potential security risk running these applications as they are utilizing out of date versions of Java!!

Will it connect via a USB. The data logger is from Dataq and they have their own drivers. The Peregrine software would not connect....tried removing dataq drivers and did not work even with Radient drivers. However, I think there is a problem with the connection to the data logger hardware or the unit itself.

Will it connect via a USB. The data logger is from Dataq and they have their own drivers. The Peregrine software would not connect....tried removing dataq drivers and did not work even with Radient drivers. However, I think there is a problem with the connection to the data logger hardware or the unit itself.

umm, well looking at the Dataq data loggers don't work over RS232 port protocol. Also, as you indicate have their own drivers and data acquisition software DATAQ, WinDAQ and MATLAB

All the LPMs featured here as well as Ophir stream their data over serial in real time.

I suggest you look at live graph to translate the .csv file from Dataq into a graph for analysis.