Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PCB Vise....

Hi LPM,I would like to share this cool PCB vice for setting and soldering of drivers.
It will hold firmly all sizes of drivers and boards. This keeps your work solid and stationary so no wobble when working. This takes the W out of work for me anyway. Enjoy as I did posting this tool of the trade.
Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_84d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_84d.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 46
  • fullsizeoutput_84e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_84e.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 35
  • fullsizeoutput_84f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_84f.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 28
  • fullsizeoutput_850.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_850.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 27
  • fullsizeoutput_851.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_851.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 26
  • fullsizeoutput_852.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_852.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 23
  • fullsizeoutput_853.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_853.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 26

Hi Cutis,
Thanks I thought so also just had to have it , anything that makes it easier to build .

Gazen

Looks much more stable than a helping hand, mine’s usually a pain in the a$$.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
How much and where do you get them from, as I see them being useful for a few here?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Rich, that's a nice looking vice, like Gazen mentioned, itsure seems to hold those drivers more securely than the helping hands. :yh:
I assume it's made of a non-conductive material; it looks to be a fiber reinforced plastic of some kind.

I second Curtis's inquiry, how much, and where at?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Ok you can get them from a Chinese distributor cheaper but takes forever to get here,. I opted for a distributor here in the states but cost a little with free ship.
So I bought mine here in the states on Amazonian . If you do you can sign up for Prime for a 30 day free trial and cancel anytime and its free 2 day delivery.
Just google the vise on their site as PCB holder and it will come up.
I use Amazonian for the free trial and find all kinds of useful stuff. And you can choose for them to remind you when the free trail is coming up by you email address. You just have to navigate the site.

@ BTG,
Yes its a non conductive material and very well constructed to has weight to it not flimsy at all worth the cash in my eyes.

Last edited:
Hi Red,
Yes I would think so to , Hey that reminds me of when my mom used to hang out laundry on the line to dry on a nice day. It made the clothes smell fresh and clean. Question are you pins plastic or wood??

Wood, I use them for many things just not clothes lol, I use them to hold my driver by the edges and I stick the tail into a 12mm hole in one of my test rigs to hold it as I solder, I have reached that age where reading glasses are now needed, so sad as I used to have microscope vision up close. :(

60807d1531066713-pcb-vise-sany2067.jpg

Attachments

• SANY2067.JPG
    SANY2067.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
@ Red,
looks like the pins work great for you awesome buddy, hey do you have a clothes pin bag, do you remember those?? About the reading glasses I have 4 pair in my shop and use them always. but I can still see a mile away. Moral of the story don't get old..
@ Single,
yes makes the job a lot easier with those small drivers, small drivers and big fingers don't go well together imagine Shrek trying to solder a drive onto a diode LOL!!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Guys,
Ok you can get them from a Chinese distributor cheaper but takes forever to get here,. I opted for a distributor here in the states but cost a little with free ship.
So I bought mine here in the states on Amazonian . If you do you can sign up for Prime for a 30 day free trial and cancel anytime and its free 2 day delivery.
Just google the vise on their site as PCB holder and it will come up.
I use Amazonian for the free trial and find all kinds of useful stuff. And you can choose for them to remind you when the free trail is coming up by you email address. You just have to navigate the site.

@ BTG,
Yes its a non conductive material and very well constructed to has weight to it not flimsy at all worth the cash in my eyes.

This looks like this might be the one you've got there, Rich, I found it 11 pages in, under PCB holder.
It looks like there is free shipping even without being a Amazon Prime member. :yh:

https://www.amazon.com/Holder-Fixtu...8&qid=1531075100&sr=1-255&keywords=pcb+holder

Wow! Almost $30.00 seems like a lot for this small plastic vise. When you said it was costly, I thought maybe $20.00. I have used Amazon prime before so I can't use it again as a trial. If I decide to get one, I'll have to see if eBay has one or maybe another Chinese seller.

Hi BTG,
Yup thats it its fast and free ship cost a slight bit more but beats waiting 3 week or more to ship from Asia. besides we give them more cash than normal. I dont mind paying more and keeping the money here in the USA. This one is made sturdy and weighs in nice. By it once and you will have it a long time and will pay for itself.

@ Paul,
The purchase choice is yours if you like to order from abroad . Oh I use the Prime membership over and over. I sign up and almost at the end I cancel. Wait a few days and sign up again they dont frown upon it at all I never had any issues with that.

Regardless if you order this from China or Amazon, the Chinese will make the same amount of money as it came from there. If you buy it in the USA, that doesn't mean it was made here. You just pay extra for the middle man.