Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PayPal TOOK all my money (Account Limitations)

So here's up PayPal is trying to scam all my information as you can see in the pictures, they want my SSN, proof of Adress, proof of Everything..... Also they are saying someone said they "never" recieved their merchandise, which I completely shocked to see that. Now they won't let me do anything except wait and 175$ is still in there, I did CALL them and email them but no answers from there.

Another thing I want to talk about is that they were HOLDing all my money and not giving it, they won't give it to you for like.. 2WEEKS ; which I feel a little risky that if they buyer reports a problem... I'm all done.

So yeah, PayPal suck

I will add more to it when it updates, doubt it will.

That sucks, I hope that gets resolved, I've been scammed by someone and PayPal payed me the money back. I guess PayPal are the scammers now.

They made me fill all that out too when i was sending money from over seas back to some one state side.

Those bastards did the same to me when flebay screwed up something I shipped using the international shipping program. (never use that program! they repackage your goods and ship in bulk to save money.) The buyer made a claim as the vintage speakers he bought were completely f**ked when they arrived.

Took about 2 weeks to get sorted out and get my $ back.

I'm guessing not to use PayPal very often but all this buying and selling here isn't all PayPal? Next time, I'm guessing to send money then take the remaining out or use it.
Thanks advice tho.

@Encap Do you think they would actually give back the money after 180 days?

Last edited:

gozert

Just fill in the needed info and hope for the best. Happened to me too couple months ago and took 5 phone calls to get it fixed.

Just fill in the needed info and hope for the best. Happened to me too couple months ago and took 5 phone calls to get it fixed.

Nevermind. I issued a refund back to my second account while buying the laser diode for 80$ lol it worked out real good. Now I have to work with the 75$ one and hopefully he will get it and send it to my second account.

And I shouldn't have put in the info, the cops will find you.

People wondering why I won't accept paypal whenever I sell something. This is one of the reasons why.

UPDATE: I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO REFUND MYSELF. I sent myself 80$ and 10$ refund and it actually worked, to consider getting the 75$ back, I would have to work with the buyer of the host to make a movement,

gozert

Nevermind. I issued a refund back to my second account while buying the laser diode for 80$ lol it worked out real good. Now I have to work with the 75$ one and hopefully he will get it and send it to my second account.

And I shouldn't have put in the info, the cops will find you.

The cops could find you whether you fill in that info or not. Doesn't make any difference. As long as you're not doing anything illegal with your PP account there's nothing to worry about. It's just part of the rules and laws Paypal has to work with.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
True^^ but there is no easy way other than PayPal though.

There may not be an easy way that's as fast as PP, with just a click, but there are other easy, and safe ways to send money if you are in the U.S.
One of the best alternative ways IMO, is using "U.S.P.S. m.o.'s"; these are United States Postal Service Money Orders.
These are safe, and can be cashed at any bank, and even at the post office. If you can wait 2-3 days longer for your goodies, try them out, I've never had a problem with them.

Money Orders are great but if you are selling a laser to a person that you do not know halfway across the country. They are not going to send you a MO before they receive the laser. I would not want to ship the laser either until I know I am definitely going to receive the MO. A middleman would be needed, hence PayPal unfortunately.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As a seller, you're safe; you don't send the product until you get the m.o. No middleman needed.
As a buyer, yes, you probably should be confident in who you are dealing with, such as a veteran here at LPF.
I've made many transactions here using USPS m.o.'s; some members here aren't familiar with them, and others, particularly those who've had PP trouble, swear by them.
I also still use PP, never had any trouble yet, knock on wood. The USPS m.o. was just suggested as an option, or alternative, not necessarily a replacement for PP.

Last edited: