Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pay Pal and online retailers

From my understanding dealxtreme.com and a few other online retailers. Will no longer ship to the U.S. Mostly due to Pay Pal enforcing The FDA rules on laser pointers and mW output.

Yet I see many other online retailers. Being recommended here at these forums. Who are also located in China. Still accepting Pay Pal

Is it because sites like dealxtreme have more at stake? They don't want to risk loosing their pay pal agreement.

Do some of these smaller sites just get away with it since they are less recognized by pay pal as a importer of questionable lasers?

I want to order some lasers but I'm concerned with using pay pal.

Last edited:

not unless the retailer has FDA certification to ship in US why not...

PP is an eBay company. The FDA put a squeeze on eBay's laser sales, so naturally PP follows suit.

Ash

Do some of these smaller sites just get away with it since they are less recognized by pay pal as a importer of questionable lasers?

I want to order some lasers but I'm concerned with using pay pal.
Yes. Deal Extreme has been around for a while, and they want to still be able to ship all their other (non laser-related) stuff to the U.S. so they are playing nice with Paypal.
Paypal is not what you should worry about. It's customz inspections. So, simply have them ship the batteries separately for a few extra bucks.