Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Parts for green laser.

kops

Hello, first of all, i am sorry if there allready is a subject like this, but i have been looking whitout any luck.

Now, this is my first post, and i am sorry if i misplaced it.

My situation is that i want to build my own green laser, with capability of burning stuff. I does not have to be VERY strong, but i want it kind of average, but still "easy"mobile.

I have scearched the forums and the internet, and i cant seen to make clear which parts i need, and what they do. I know i need a diode, and a aixis housing. But what does this housing really do?

Can you plese tell me what parts i will need, and maybe even tell me where to get them?

Thank you very much, and im sorry if my English are bad. But i am from Denmark..

1. READ; SPYDERZ TIPS FOR BEGINNERS, SAM'S FAQ ABOUT LASERS, & ALL THE "STICKIES"yeesh!!!!!!!!!...............rob

Please read the faq also greens are very hard to mess with only like 3% of the builders on here can do it or will even try who knows you may fall in this % -red and violet are easy to do again FAQ

You'll need a very large 808nm infrared pump diode, probably at least 2 watts, you'll need a neodymium doped yttrium orthvanadate crystal to shift the frequency to 1064nm, then you'll need a potassium titanyl phosphate crystal to split the wavelength to 532nm. You'll need an extremely precise 3d alignment device to correctly align the crystals within a few hundredths of a millimeter or you won't get any green at all. You'll also need a current regulator capable of supplying the several amps worth of power the pump diode requires, as well as a heatsink for the diode and driver or it'll burn itself up rather quickly. You'll also need to provide collmination optics or you won't get a beam, just a green flashlight.

Good luck!

Also check out the search function, it's really quite useful.

kops

Oh, i didnt know that it was harder to build a green one, im sorry. Then i will probably build a red one:p

I've got one for you, It comes at a little cost, but it's still technically a DIY.

A guy here on the forum called Jayrob makes a host kit, that lets you put an o-like green module into a custom host.

this module ought to burn a bit for you.

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=886

after you buy that, go here to get what you need from jayrob, he makes it an easy build for you!

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=22520

in the end, it should cost you about $180-$190

its up to you whether its worth it or not!

Good luck!

Abray

Like they said, green lasers are really hard to truly build as a DIY. However, you described the parts you'll want to build either a blu-ray or a red laser. The diode produces the light, you'll need a circuit that regulated the current to make sure your laser is powerful and lasts a long time and the aixiz housing holds the diode in place so the lens can properly focus the beam.

hope you decide to build a red or a violet(blu-ray) laser cause they are cool and fun!

Guys give him a freakin' break. This stuff is not really covered in the FAQ's very well (at least it didn't seem that way to me). When was the last time you read the FAQ's by the way?

--

You will need:

-Green laser module
-Host
-Heatsink
-Batteries with charger
-Piece of wire
-Soldering iron and solder

It's really not that hard at all. Just buy a green laser module from www.o-like.com (buy an 80~100mW one or higher), find a host and heatsink (or post on the buy/sell/trade thread for someone to make you one), solder a piece of wire across the switch on the module to bypass it, and insert the module into the heatsink and then the host.

Hope that was what you are looking for.

-Mark