Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

partial review on photonic disruptor pro (pics)

i will be completing this review after i deal with costomer service on a little problem. so for now enjoy the pictures

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

021.jpg

the protective glass was chipped on the outer edges. in the 7th picture down it shows the top you can see the glass. but the outer edges are covered and not even noticable unless you take the cap off or if you happened to put it in water

Rob

the protective glass was chipped on the outer edges. in the 7th picture down it shows the top you can see the glass. but the outer edges are covered and not even noticable unless you take the cap off or if you happened to put it in water

Well that's a shame. Sorry to hear that. Is Steve going to help you out?

well see... haha once we get it all worked out ill finish the review and now i get to add if there customer service is good or bad

Rob

Well best of luck to you. Hope it all works out! :D

Are you the one who removed the cover and had condensation form within the back side of the lens?

yes i had it in the sink for about 10 seconds. after i took it out i looked through the cover and saw a small amount of water inside and that the focusing lens was foggy, so i took the cover off to dry off the water before it shorted anything out. it turned out the condensation was on the inside of the focusing lens :( . the laser still operates but the beam is messed up. im hoping the condensation will go away and ill just need a new glass cover.

the water and condensation WAS ALREADY THERE before i took the cover off... thats the only reason i took it off in the first place

I hope mine is 'water proof' as described when i receive it. Although, I have no intentions of submerging in water.
However, if you took it apart with nothing wrong, I can see how moisture has developed. There is a certain amount of moisture/humidity in the air around us and after reassembly a change in ambient temperature can cause condensation to form.

I am trying to make this as clear as possible. i did not disassemble anything to do with the actual laser. the only thing i did is take the cover off because something WAS wrong there was water inside the cover and on the actual lens. the only reason i took the cover off was to try to save the laser. because if i had not it would have short circuited and died completly

Wait, did you put it IN the water after seeing that the glass was cracked?

Wait, did you put it IN the water after seeing that the glass was cracked?

No, the glass was cracked when it arrived. Steve will be contacting Kevin to solve this problem ASAP.

Gotta go back to studying.... :cryyy:

no, im not retarded. the cap covers the outer edges of the glass. the outer edges was where it was cracked.
and steve has already contacted me and has been very helpful

Steve is sending me a new unit. he sent me and email this morning and responded quickly to my emails. im very impressed with the customer service.