Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Panasonic develops high-power blue beam combining

How it works
(See drawing in article)

The output power optimization of the high-beam-quality blue laser (its wavelength band range is 400nm – 450 nm) was realized by combining more than 100 emitters from multiple diode bars with WBC technology.
This WBC technology combines the beams from...
As a result, the output beam has achieved a output power of 135 W with a high beam quality of BPP 1.5 mm mrad.

Hmmmmm ???? Hmmmm?? Teradiodes eh ?? No relationship to Terrawatt Labs.... mmmm ????

Now 135 W is very, very impressive...especially in the small package that it may be in....But...Hold ya horses Duck Rogers !!!
I believe that about 1000W are needed to do some real ….er...ah .work in the "Man Carry DEW " area !!! No really sure....I AM sure...the DarPa boyz know... and they ain't talkin !!!....Although….this Forum may give them a good laugh from time to time..... " One is glad to be of Service "....❤❤
Thanx for the info Steve !! CDBeam

Just received my 2020 Photonics buyers' guide in the mail today. It is about the same size as last year's version. Need some time to go through it all. :)

Interesting.

Just received my 2020 Photonics buyers' guide in the mail today. It is about the same size as last year's version. Need some time to go through it all. :)

Do you get the window shoppers edition ?

I look at it online, why would a paper copy that wastes our precious trees be any better ?

Reactions: GSS
o1e6wBE.gif

A diffraction grating is a stupid option. Although the angle of difference between each wavelength is a lot wider than that of a prism, most of the power is lost in the main order, and other diffraction orders. You're looking at maybe 20% efficiency which is stupid. Yes, you can overcome this loss by just adding a shit-ton more wavelengths, but that complexity isn't commercially viable. The main problems are selecing hundreds of different wavelengths of laser diodes, and temperature controlling each one so the wavelength doesn't drift.

I've got a picture from 10 years ago combining lasers with a prism (that photobucket is holding hostage - I'll dig up a picture from archive on request), and planters made a full video on this over 5 years ago.

Reactions: GSS
Interesting.

Do you get the window shoppers edition ?

I look at it online, why would a paper copy that wastes our precious trees be any better ?

I guess I'm considered old school now as I prefer my books to actually BE books. I have two large book cases full of them. Can't see the advantage of going to college online as there is no way to take labs in chemistry or physics. Still reach for a text book when I wish to look something up.

I will give up my CRC handbook when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
Me too. Physics hasn't changed that much in 50 years. All of it is still relevant. And I have my 2020 Photonics Buyer Guide for new places to buy optics.