Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Palide Host Kit Review By: DAoO

The Palide​

Hello all, im here today to review an amazing little host kit that my very good friend, Mohrenburg designed himself, he also makes the heatsinks himself. It is truly a very cost efficient, high quality, durable build!

first off, heres a few photos of the Palide with a 300mW red LOC and a Meredith lens for reds from Jayrob "lens, diode, and driver not included"

100_0400.jpg

100_0403.jpg

This is how the Kit assembles once the main module has been fitted with the heatsink and driver
100_0404.jpg

The diode/heatsink assembly simply slides into the head of the host for a nice tight NON THREADED fit, meaning there is NO twisting and turning involved
100_0407.jpg

In this image you can see the small black pill on the bottom, that is where the flexdrive will rest, then the module is placed in the heatsink, and conections are made from diode to driver, then the heatsink/module rest atop the black pill to be slid into place. then simply insert the battery, and screw the host together!!! One of the easier kits that maintain size standards.

Here is a photo next to a pocket mini for size comparison!
100_0413.jpg

100_0412.jpg

This host Is the same diameter (3/4in) than a pocket mini!!!! WOW! and it is roughly half an inch longer. Feels VERY sturdy and heavy in your hand. Excelent clicky tailbutton, very firm and has a great connection. This is a 3 peice host wich will make for easy international shipping :whistle:

Heres a few Beam Shots!!!

100_0410.jpg

100_0411.jpg

These photos were taken with no smoke in the room, and with my blinds open. Also the heatsinking is superb!!! i've left my 300mW red Palide on for over 20 minuets on accident, and it wasnt even hot to the touch! wich means heat is dissapating effectively.

All in all i rate this host 9.5 out of 10 for Price, Ease of use, And build quality.

and at the price he's selling the kits for... What a deal! Thx for this awsome product Mohrenberg!! I love it, and recommend to everyone!! even if its your first time, this host is very tiny, and easy to use!

They can be ordered from Mohrenberg, and you can reach him Via Private Message, or in THIS thread.

-----------------------------------------------
Specification

Color: Black.

Length: 3 3/4 inches.

Diamter: 3/4 inch.

Power Source: 14500 battery (AA sized 3.6v)

Driver: Micro Flex Drive V4

Heatsink: Machined aluminum made custom for host with 6-32x3/32 single set screw.

-----------------------------------------------

The kit include the following:

Black Pailide host.

Gift box/storage case

one rechargeable 14500 battery

One Micro Flex Drive V4 Preset to desired current.

Machined Aluminum heatsink for host.

------------------------------------------------

These kits come assembled with the driver,battery,and heatsink in place, with pos and neg leads coming from the driver for you.

Dark

Last edited:

cust11

Great review mate! You got it posted in the wrong section though?

-Mike

Well, the kit is for sale... thats sort of the purpose of the thread, i think its ok here, does anyone disagree??

Dark

well i knew that lol

But as stated in the tail of review, this kit is for sale. i cant move it anyways, only cold can.

If MB wants it moved i'll ask, other than that it can stay snug right here ^_^

Lets just keep it relevent for the kits sake from here on out :D thx guys

Dark

Its a nice looking host, might consider it for a new build I might be working on. Your heatsink report looks like it can really take some high power.

Great review :gj:

This thread does belong in the reviews section, not here. You added a link to Matt's sales thread so no need to put this thread were it does not belong.

Nice review though.

It is a very nice host indeed, very small, very heavy and sturdy in the hand, also the head design makes it harder to accidently bump the focus ring in your pocket or something. it also still allows for the dustcap to be installed, you must only trip the outer lip of the cap, thats all.

Dark

good call moh, i actualy figured that out a few days ago. i must have tightened it allot while screwing the ceter peice on tight. thats probably why i didnt notice that it came off. i thought it was "pocket mini" style at first. but Moh is totaly right. its a 3 peice host.

Dark