Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Output Consistancy Trouble

I just got my new KD 200mW handheld, and I'm not sure why it's doing what it's doing. When I put a freshly charged battery in, it fires up with a really bright, hot beam and holds fine for as long as I hold the button (no apparent drop in output)... BUT, when I release the button and press it again, the beam comes out bright and in like 1/2 a second drops visibly to about 25% the output, and does this each and every time I press the button. If I take the battery out and put it back in, then it stays nice and solid for 1 cycle, and then goes to hell again.

This thing lights matches like crazy on its first on/off cycle, and pretty much sucks after that until I take the battery out and put it back in (and it doesn't matter if it's a fresh battery or not).

Any ideas where to start? My guess is a problem in the switch or possibly the tailcap (which also had a keylock switch) - anyone have this happen to them and if so, what's the best way to fix it? (Other than, of course, buying an RPL and just saying "screw this thing ;D)

Thanks in advance!

I had a problem like that once with a green pointer, which was caused by a bad battery fit. An easy fix was to take a small piece of aluminum foil, fold it into a tiny square, and place it down the tube so it ended up between the battery's positive terminal and the pointer case. This might work for you as well..

dj_q

ahhh... the ol' "Aluminum foil battery contact" repair. Nothing is proven to work better! ;)