Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Osram PLP520-B1 520nm Green Laser Diode

That stuff above looks correct^^ just make sure the C6 host comes with a heat sink. Is this your first build?

Last edited:

That stuff above look correct^^ just make sure the C6 host comes with a heat sink. Is this your first build?

Thanks for the help😊 This is not my first build but nor am I an expert by any means. Just the first time using this particular diode and set up.
I will be purchasing the host and a green anodized heat sink from survivallaser.com

Last edited:
WOW! Thanks once again for the amazingly speedy delivery time DTR! I ordered the PLP520B-1 diode on Monday the 26th and here it is in my hands on Thursday the 30th! Now for the rest of the parts to arrive and a-buildin I will do. 😁

DTR

WOW! Thanks once again for the amazingly speedy delivery time DTR! I ordered the PLP520B-1 diode on Monday the 26th and here it is in my hands on Thursday the 30th! Now for the rest of the parts to arrive and a-buildin I will do. 😁

I aim to please.:beer:

I have not had the pleasure of owning a PL520 B1 to test one myself yet, but from what I gather from the net, the beam spread isn't nearly as good with the B1 version as the single mode one, but far better than the higher power 700-1000mw+ versions.

Anyone who can comment, deny or confirm?

HELP!!!!! I just popped the driver off the diode pins to the PLP520B-1 I just got from you!!!!! :cryyy: Can I fix this? Do you have any tips that might make reattaching this driver any easier?

DTR

The driver usually holds on to the pins pretty darn well. If it had enough force to detach it probably took the pin with it which would not be good. Can you take a picture of what you have. I assume you took the module apart for some reason?

Yes I did take it apart, I didn't believe it would fit in the host (C6) with wires and all. I made the mistake of not puzzling the host together properly. Now that that is done there is no going back, only forward. Will two tiny dabs of solder work or am I completely buggered?

The driver usually holds on to the pins pretty darn well. If it had enough force to detach it probably took the pin with it which would not be good. Can you take a picture of what you have. I assume you took the module apart for some reason?

The pins are still in place, the driver looks fine, just needs to be soldered back in place I believe. I'm at work right now so pictures will come a little later tonight.
Thanks again for helping out this noob!

DTR

Yea rarely the pad will detach instead of the pin. If that is the case you may be saved.:)

Also for the C6 the drilled pill option from SL or drilling the pill out yourself will allow lots of room for the whole module and wires or if the host is from SL the extended sink will give you a lot of extra room as well.

Last edited:
Yea rarely the pad will detach instead of the pin. If that is the case you may be saved.:)

Also for the C6 the drilled pill option from SL or drilling the pill out yourself will allow lots of room for the whole module and wires or if the host is from SL the extended sink will give you a lot of extra room as well.

IT WORKS, IT WORKS
Thanks again for the help!:D I thought all was lost but I was able to reattach the driver to the diode pins! I will never take the module apart again! :spank: But if we don't make mistakes how will we ever really learn?:eek:
If I can ever find my camera I will post some pics.
Thanks again DTR :worthy:

SteveT

IT WORKS, IT WORKS
Thanks again for the help!:D I thought all was lost but I was able to reattach the driver to the diode pins! I will never take the module apart again! :spank: But if we don't make mistakes how will we ever really learn?:eek:

Well done that man, mistakes are all part of the learning process, have some rep.

DTR

IT WORKS, IT WORKS

Awesome. Glad you got it back up and running.;)