Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Osram PL450B Question!

Yes if focused and held still on one spot and up close then 120mW will burn your skin, it won't do it instantly, for example you can pass your hand through it safely, but don't focus on one spot. Be aware that a much more powerful blue laser can penetrate your skin and burn you inside before burning on the outside.:eek:

Alan

Approximately how long will 120mw take to burn me. I would like to know. If I quickly moved it away I would be fine right.

Gabe

I don't think there's any real quantifiable data that will measure what you're looking for. Unless someone here is gonna burn themselves with a laser like that for you, which I'll doubt. I know a 60mW 445 laser won't sting when unfocused, and when focused it will sting in about 1-2 seconds. Honestly, I'd have no way of knowing.
EDIT: just don't stick your hand in the beam and you'll be fine...

Last edited:

diachi

I am not even related to a troll. I am very nice and considerate of people on this forums. But what do you guys do. Treat my like crap. Just stop. Please just stop. I needed this question answered before I went to bed because if not my mind would race.

Then follow forum etiquette and rules and people will leave you alone. You might try searching a little harder too, most of the questions I've seen you ask have been answered plenty of times before and should be easy to find with a quick search.

I also don't understand the point of this post - if you don't want to be burnt then don't put yourself in the way of the beam. Not really sure why you'd want to know how long it'd take to burn you. Even then, it's a very difficult question to answer, there are too many variables. yes, if you quickly moved away you'd be fine, such as if you were just walking through the beam at an average walking pace.

Last edited:
He is not following forum etiquette and rules, he has made a second account, multiple accounts are prohibited on LPF. They are discovered sooner or later by one of the mods and result in a permanent ban. If I am mistaken then my apologies to both Blastertron221 and Gibpil. Here I will quote the first 3 posts of another thread:

Hey I am new to the forums, I have been watching the forums for a while and decided to join. My goal is to make a 120mw blue laser. Just so I can flash off the lasers before it hurts me. If it hits a mirror or something.
My laser impressions.
:drool:

Welcome to the forums!

As a heads up, 120mW's is NOT eye safe if it hits a reflective surface or your eye. Eye damage will happen before you have time to "turn it off".

-Alex

I mean skin damage.

That is too much to be coincidence. Here is the other thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/hi-i-am-new-95202.html

Alan

He is not following forum etiquette and rules, he has made a second account, multiple accounts are prohibited on LPF. They are discovered sooner or later by one of the mods and result in a permanent ban. If I am mistaken then my apologies to both Blastertron221 and Gibpil. Here I will quote the first 3 posts of another thread:

That is too much to be coincidence. Here is the other thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/hi-i-am-new-95202.html

Alan
Good catch Alan and I'm not at all surprised. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if this is a well known returning troll that's been banned multiple times. I looked up his dates he joined LPF and they were around the time another troll made his multitude of alias accounts. I'm suprised this guy made it this far with the amount of troll threads made in just over a month.
To the OP;
How pathetic and boring is your life that you need to troll a laser forum to keep yourself entertained.? Take a good look in the mirror tonight and contemplate the myriad of better uses for your time and energy than trolling a laser pointer forum.

Last edited:
He is not following forum etiquette and rules, he has made a second account, multiple accounts are prohibited on LPF...

Alan
I think you may be right. I though the new intro posting from Gibpil sounded familiar but I didn't put it together. We seem to be getting more of these type posts recently, trying the the generosity of those who are willing to try to help.

Ed

Last edited:
I think you may be right. I though the new intro posting from Gibpil sounded familiar but I didn't put it together. We seem to be getting more of these type posts recently, trying the the generosity of those who are willing to try to help.

Ed

Maybe the mode team can compare these ip's and if they are alias as suspected, then get rid of these fools wasting our communities time and energy!
Personally there is no doubt in my mind this guy is a troll and I will treat him as such until he gets banned regardless of the IP address being duplicate. I know a troll when I see one. I hate seeing our members take time to write and help these idiots out then when a real person comes along and needs help people are less likely to give them a hand because of fools like Blastertron.

Guys we need to get these types out of here. Trolls really can drive away the right people and cause all kinds of inner turmoil. We should make a suspected Troll thread maybe. I would have put this idiot on it weeks ago. Even if he wasn't a troll he doesn't belong here for being such a lazy and rude, necro posting repeatedly ext. We don't need people like this here

Last edited:
He is not following forum etiquette and rules, he has made a second account, multiple accounts are prohibited on LPF. They are discovered sooner or later by one of the mods and result in a permanent ban. If I am mistaken then my apologies to both Blastertron221 and Gibpil. Here I will quote the first 3 posts of another thread:...
I see Gibpil is banned now too so I guess that confirms your suspicion. :banned:

Ed