Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ordered to Bring a Laser to Work :)

So last Friday I was sitting at my desk minding my own, when an officer came in asking for a laser pointer. Pretending like I didn't hear him the first time he sat down at his desk and was telling a coworker about how he needed a pointer in a brief for a higher ranking officer. And that he couldn't point out the items he needed because they were too high. (the briefing room has a HUGE 2 story screen)

So I wheeled my chair around and told him that I have one. It was just a cheap ebay 405 that I like to shine and fluoresce anything and everything I find. It's not the best for visibility but I told him it might work and was better than nothing.

He tried it and it worked well enough I guess because he said "Make sure you bring that thing on Monday, I'll need it again." So in short LPF helped save the world! With out the site I wouldn't have had the laser to begin with.

I thought about making a green 532 for him but I figured against it because I'm down to my last 4 modules and I'm saving those for builds with my son when he comes for Christmas :)

Last edited:

Haha nice save. Where do you work if you don't mind me asking? I live in Tampa too.

NO4H99

...That awkward moment right after you say "yes", then realize that all you have on you is a 3w blue:D

Congrats for saving the day

Last edited:

djQUAN

Happened to me too. Had a week of product demos by company reps. As luck would have it, everyone that presented brought those red pointers and all of them had weak/dying batteries.

I let them use my 100mW 450nm pen (with restrictor to limit to 5mW).

...That awkward moment right after you say "yes", then realize that all you have on you is a 3w blue:D

"And as this pointillustrates-SUMBITCH, THE SCREENS ON FIRE!"
Would be best presentation ever.

WHAT!? Lasers on the AFB!?!?!?!? Are you nuts!!!!!! :crackup: Next time you need a laser, stop by my place and borrow my 3W MagLite build, it'll be very helpful in pointing at that screen, well and burning it down ;)

Haha nice save. Where do you work if you don't mind me asking? I live in Tampa too.

I work at MacDill. Where do you live in Tampa? I live downtown.

Haha, I wish I could say I have a 3W. I have a 9mm build in the works now :evil: Just waiting for the holiday crazy to pass... Although it isn't one I could just carry around...

WHAT!? Lasers on the AFB!?!?!?!? Are you nuts!!!!!! :crackup: Next time you need a laser, stop by my place and borrow my 3W MagLite build, it'll be very helpful in pointing at that screen, well and burning it down ;)

Not sure how the office would react to a custom laser. It was just your standard newwish pen. I'm warming them up to lasers first. Most of the guys seem pretty receptive and one of my coworkers wanted me to make him one for his dog. So I stuck one of those cheap fasttechs into an empty pen host.

I live in Oldsmar, not technically Tampa, but it's more known that Oldsmar and I live basically on the border between the two.

If you don't mind me asking, would you guys say 5mw is probably the highest for a pointing device? Or is like 30mw still safe? Thanks guys

I Would Say It Depends On The settin And Circumstance. TheProjector Screen Isn't Reflective And His Audience Wasn't InDanger Of Getting Hit. ResponsibleAdult Using It Amongst Other Responsible Adults. In General 30mW Is Still Pretty Safe. What Are You Pointing At And To Whom?

Sorry About The State Of This Post. MyPhone Hates The Forums...