Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics RPL-II 532 nm +1400 mW - opinions and experience?

Edmunds makes many coatings, but the Yttrium Aluminum Garnet- Broad Band Anti Reflective coating is not a dual one as far as i know.

Last edited:

Is this an expander coating for YAG? I see lots of different coatings on their web site, but many of them made for 1064 nm have some curves which allow them to be used in the VIS, at some wavelengths not optimal, but usable, better than without:

http://imgur.com/a/NERpA - this graph from Edmund Optics;

Look at that one near infrared coating curve which dips low at both 532 and 1064 nm, that's what I'm talking about.

I bought some IR beam expanders for 1064 nm, not 532 nm, but when I later came across some 1064 nm infrared expanders which had a slash 532 nm marked on them I measured the loss through one of mine at 532 and it worked, low loss.

If you see a beam expander on ebay for 1064 nm, I wouldn't necessarily expect it is good at 532, but my bet is more often than not it will be. I Don't buy guessing, I get the part number and try to find specs.

Last edited:
Yeah, Chris. the YAG-BBAR coating is in the second graph. It has dips at 532nm and 1064nm. It is the red one in the graph.

Last edited:
Wasn't tracking well, got it. BBAR is a search term I use a lot on ebay when looking for lenses, hard to find though. I don't know why I had a hard time clueing in we are talking about the same thing :p

edit; i've seen V-coat curves which aren't good at both 532 and 1064 nm, but this BBAR curve dips at both.

Last edited:
Whatever happened with the final review? I have owned a couple of Jack's handhelds, and really wanted to see the writeup before I dropped the coin on one of these bad boys! :)