Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics, is it safe ?

Hi all greetings....

I have a question regarding this company.

I'm from the netherlands and want to make an order from them but they only accept Creditcard.

Sinds the product im willing to buy is kinda expensive (RPL Opto450-Portable'
And creditcard is not really my cup of cake.

Is this a safe company to buy from ?

Regards,

Smeerworst.

Last edited:

Laha

Re: Optotronics, is it save ?

Hi there,

I think you mean safe right?
Yes absolutely Opto is recognised by it's high standard quality products and fair customer service.
I bought my RPL 425 by credit card and all went fine.
Jack the owner of the company is an honest decent guy to do bussiness with.

Re: Optotronics, is it save ?

Opto is one of the most reputable companies around. Jack is a very well regarded member of the forum here( http://laserpointerforums.com/members/bootleg2go/ ), and having read over many of his posts he is very thorough, and very honest.

IMO if you can afford it, there is no question that his products/service are worth it.

I really hope so couse my second dragon lasers 400 mw is showing two dots, and i just want a perfect one!!!!! (cant repeat that enuff) !!!!

Why o why is there so much trouble with me buying a laser over 800 €

I just want a good one that's all.

Seems dragonlasers is having a little bit of trouble at that.

(telling me in my mailbox that i need to make sure i run full charged battery's and let it warm up )
Well **** that, i have 6 diffrent pairs of 18650's after i had my doubts about the first one they send me and two diffrent chargers.

** DO they Even test this stuff @ all ? **

The replaced laser they gave me after the first one that died, is having two beams comming out of it (oval dot)

Even the jackplug seems used as it has a tin wear on it where the rest is copper coated ? (800+€ + shipping back, second time)

The shutter upfront is loose and tilts one side when you switch it on or off (even the paint is worn)

I just want a good green laser, and Dragonlasers Failed with me for the second time.

Now i have to fiddle with shipping again, and the sad thing is that i can do packaging better then what they do, when i send it back.

i'm fed up with it!!!

Anyway's
can't really put up a smile
greetings
Smeerworst.

I hope, really really hope, when buying from optotronics (another 1200$) i get a good one !!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like there a problem with the crystals. Take pictures of it... the dot I mean and send them to DL(and post here). Generally DL is a good reputable company, but green lasers in particular can be very problematic.

Opto/Jack offers good warranty service on his products and he actually does test out all the units prior to shipping, so while it's gonna cost you, I think you'll be quite happy. Opto lasers are basically viasho lasers, and you can probably go directly to viasho for less, but you're not gonna get the same level of service.

On another note, it seems as if green lasers have been getting somewhat cheaper lately, I'm hoping that we will see another move forward in technology over the summer. I have a 400mW green, which ended up costing me ~$250, obviously of much lower quality but I'm happy with it. I'm holding off on green lasers until they legitimately break the 1W point. (Yes I know there are green lasers over 1W, but too expensive.)

I see what you mean, but it's not overly easy to tell.

Take a picture in a normally lit room, of the dot, with the laser as far away from the wall as possible.

Take a picture of it altogether.

Considering this is a $1200... that sucks.

Hi i took pictures of it... from across the room.

And it's clearly visable..

Even the beam from only 3,5 meters is showing two beams.

Attachments

• picture 9.jpg
    picture 9.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 117
  • picture 10.jpg
    picture 10.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Post the pictures, and what you described in the Green lasers section so that a couple of vets can chime in.

To me in does look like a problem with the crystals being misaligned... which sucks. There is really no way for you to fix it, very few people on here attempt to mess with crystals.

Hi all greetings....

I have a question regarding this company.

I'm from the netherlands and want to make an order from them but they only accept Creditcard.

Sinds the product im willing to buy is kinda expensive (RPL Opto450-Portable'
And creditcard is not really my cup of cake.

Is this a safe company to buy from ?

Regards,

Smeerworst.
Yes Optotronics is a VERY trustworthy company to deal with, the Owner Jack will take very good care of you; no worries there. He's been around for years now, and I have personally purchased from him (thousands of dollars) many times now over the years. He will go the extra mile for you, his service is step above the rest. Place an order today, or send him an email and let him know of your needs, and he'll take good care of you.