Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OPTOTRONICS 50mW Green Pointer

Awhile ago, I was privileged to become a proud owner of a famous OPTOTRONICS GREEN LASER POINTER. Now I don't have an LPM yet, but when I received the laser, the paperwork that came with it, stated that it was putting out 57mW's. When I opened the Generic flat black box, I saw a pen style laser the looks just like the myriad of green pen pointers available in dozens of out-put amounts regardless of them all looking the same. Seeing this, I wasn't really impressed & figured that it would last as long & be under spec as most other lasers of this type. I compared it to a '50mW' DX laser & was pleasantly surprised to see a noticeable brightness in the OPTOTRONICS MODEL :) It also had what I perceived to be a better collimated beam & a more compact 'dot'. The OPTOTRONICS MODEL was also much brighter outside in the dark, so much so that I could actually see the dot on the low lying clouds overhead. Now I was impressed, my '50mW' DX model couldn't do that. Jack, the CEO of OPTOTRONICS also thoughtfully included some diffraction gratings, lenses, & an odd looking prism that makes the lasers beam do really strange things ;D Needless to say, if your looking for a high quality laser, even a Pen-Style 'Greenie', do yourself a favor & look up the OPTOTRONICS site, & let Jack & Co. make your CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY a very merry one :) He'll also provide half of the RED & GREEN CHRISTMAS LIGHTS for you. If I could afford it, I wouldn't purchase a laser from any other company ;) ;) rob/phoenix77 :cool:

Not quite yet, I'm expecting my LPM to be delivered most any day now. Rest assured that I WILL post the out-put of this laser just as soon as I can ;) rob :cool:

ehehe well! i would buy a laser at aout 50..70mw of power. i also see the optotronics site.... and i think you bought the 55+ model. i would the 65+ model. so......what is the PEAK of your 55mw? i think in the paperwork... there is this informatin.. or not?

an important thing. you compared to a 50mw dealextreme laser. A TRUE 50mw LASER or the 50mw not true sold at the same price of the true 30mw? if you bought the true 50mw at about 50dollars... ok.... i'm fine to hear that the 55mq of the optotronic model is better. oi........both laser APPEARS the same....is it true? i think newwish is the manufacter.....the laser appear identical.......but surely optototronics sell us ONLY the perect product.... with better divergence...ecc.... please rspond to every demand :) thanks!!!!!! :p :)

Responses will be provided after the HOLIDAY SEASON & my son goes back to the ARMY. His HOLIDAY leave is over JAN.3rd. BTW my LPM DID arrive, so I'll be able to give you EXACT readings on the lasers you requested, sorry DEMANDED :mad:  NOT COOL, NOT COOL AT ALL :mad: For questions asked,shouldn't answers be asked for, preferably with a PLEASE, & not DEMANDED, or am I just being to critical & fussy ? PLEASE post your answers, instead of a PM, so others can see what the overall choice FORUM MEMBERS prefer. Thanks ;)         rob :cool:

Lol

Um. Would you please measure the output power and post it here?

Thanks, have a nice day ;)

phoenix77 said:
...the paperwork that came with it, stated that it was putting out 57mW's.

Wow, these guys are really honest, even accounting for stray IR...

"Output power is verified with a Coherent FieldMaster GS power meter and test results are recorded on the instruction sheet. These lasers typically have 1-3mW of IR; however this is not counted towards the +55mW total of 532nm."

To realista, Please take notice of the way LOL ASKED , NOT DEMANDED his question, & the way it was formatted. The two words PLEASE & THANKS go a looooong way toward having his questions answered PROMPTLY & KINDLY. Please, take notice ;) CONFUCIUS SAY " ONE CATCH MORE BEES WITH HONEY, THAN WITH VINEGAR"
To LOL, Just as soon as my son's HOLIDAY LEAVE is over on JAN. 3rd, I'd be DELIGHTED to post the answer to the questions you ASKED ;). My wife & I haven't seen him for 3 months + he got married while he was here for leave, so we've been pretty busy ;D Thanks for your understanding, rob :cool:

jayrob

Can't go wrong with Optotronics!

Hey Rob, I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that realista is from another country and didn't mean anything by the word 'demand'. I see that he also used words like 'please and thanks'. Probably didn't realize the differnce in the translation between 'question' and 'demand'...
Jay

Jayrob, You're probably right good buddy, but with the HOLIDAYS & MY SON BEING HOME FROM THE ARMY & HE GOT MARRIED ON THE 27th OF DEC. :eek: :eek: :eek:, I've been being pulled in a dozen different directions all at once, & am feeling sorta harried :-/. I guess maybe my patience has run down a LITTLE THIN RIGHT ABOUT NOW :'( If I've offended anyone, please accept my apologies, " MY CUP RUNNETH ON EMPTY " :-? Please have a SAFE NEW YEAR  to ALL who read this ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D rob :cool:

....mmmmm while i was finishing my post... my pc rebooted... :(...so i'm newly here to rewrite my post...! ...hi... i noticed that my previous post....created some problems.... excuse me ,my english isn't so good..... what's the difference between demand and request?please someone teach me. i'm italian...!

i think request is to ask a demand.... or not? demand...request..question...and ask... are 4 words i'm not able to put in the righ mode.... i need some example of question(...right?) of the use of these 4 words.

i also saw my reputation is subzero XD....ahaha a beautiful start!!

realista, please forgive me :-[ I didn't realize you were from Italy. Please read MY last posting, & apply it to your self also :'( Again SO SORRY :'( :'( :'(

it's all ok! after your precise review.... maybe i will buy the 65mw version...sold at A GOOD PRICE...compared other lasers at laserglow...novalaser..dragonlaser... ecc... my only doubt is.....if is preferrable tu buy an AA powered laser instead AAA. the only 2 laser wich use AA battery i saw are....laserglow Alpha, and lucent optics Envee.
is so much better laser using AA battery, in your opition? aa can hold until 2700mah....and aaa 1000mah. the laser's duration should be very long!!! do you know other laser using AA?

I, don't know of ANY AA driven lasers, other than the ones you spoke of, unless you were to make one yourself ;) Again PLEASE accept my apologies :-[ rob :cool:

[smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] i wish you a question... in your 55+ mw laser...also arrived the paperwork...of the PRECISE laser you bought?... to have your laser specifically tested...is a good things. your 57mw are not so OVER spec....did you wish to have at least 60/65 mw averaging?

i copyed my last question/demand (tell me what' is the best solution to write,i must learn english :)
you compared to a 50mw dealextreme laser. A TRUE 50mw LASER or the 50mw not true sold at the same price of the true 30mw? if you bought the true 50mw at about 50dollars... ok.... i'm fine to hear that the 55mq of the optotronic model is better.

i bought a 100mw RED laser at dealextreme. noe i would return it bach because i think it is about only 20/30 mW!in others reviews, people can pop at least ballons... and also burn dark thinks. i cannot!so i think my laser is VERY underspec. but i can tell tou it goes about 1,5 / 2 kilometres far. how far can go your true/false 50mw at dealextreme?ad the wonderfull REAL 57mw? i would byu the 65mw optotronic...so i hope your and my future laser can co far at keast 5 kilometres. :)