Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 473 BLUE 25 mW

well i bought this bad boy last month -as everyone knows problems at home kinda held me from posting a review but here it is

Arrived USPS Priority packaged well****************

dug around in the box and found an assortment of optics enough to choke three people lol

case included was the nice gun cases that Jack always has A+

I'm not posting an exact price but lets say I am very pleased ;)

ok Blue lasers nothing like a bluray these are DPSS and less efficiant than greens

although it does have a 2.5 watt pump in it it peaks around 50 mw some more some less

I have a few 405nm units I made that are about 130 mw the blue 25 is 3-4 times more visable to me

ok fresh battery starts off at 22,about 30 seconds later it hits 35 then about fifty then levels @ 30 mw

I have heard these are kinda heat sensitive and didn't want to go past 5 minutes of use I limited it to 3 minutes

i shinned it 4 blocks away on some silos on the RR tracks and it shows the dot perfectly

my philips safety glasses are 480-555 nm but work very nice with this unit

if you are looking for a really nice 532 or 473 then these RPL'S are the only way to go

Attachments

• 100_0508_002.jpg
    100_0508_002.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 319

That's one awesome piece bud, enough optics to choke three people rofl ;D Nice one john.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Hey John i have a question for you, from the pictures that i have seen of the RPLs it looks like the handle of the non-painted aluminum ones are textured, you know what i'm talking about?

gotwake424

yes they are knurled very grippy  I love it that way
the older style was kinda slippery but no matter what one you get you'll love it anyway its an optotronics unit  ;)

you know i have only known Jack about a year his customer support is unbeaten in my book yes his units are a little more than others but

#1 he stands behind his stuff 100% up to 1 1/2 years -who else does that ??

#2 he tests them then re-tests them cause he doesnt want his name on a unit that won't perform

#3 I came on here well look one of my firsts posts

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1203735630

That is what i thought it was, i think it adds a certain something to the laser, think you can get a pic with your RPL greenie too? That would be awsome

dude i tried several times to get both my green and blue in the same pic but the green is so bright it dominates all pictures the whole room turns bright green
anyone have any idea .cause the blue isn't getting picked up by my camera well :'(

Jaseth

John Lawson said:
dude i tried several times to get both my green and blue in the same pic but the green is so bright it dominates all pictures the whole room turns bright green
anyone have any idea .cause the blue isn't getting picked up by my camera well :'(
I stuff black foam in shot-glasses and use them as beam dumps ;) If you angle it so the tiny amount that is still reflected is reflected inside the glass again, there will be almost no visible dot.
Awesome laser btw :D

you could set the greenie so that it "fires" into another room then just have the blue hitting the wall were the lasers are. So have on firing out the door and have the blue one it the wall by the door? That would reduce the greenie overpowering everything