Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OPT Lasers Cylindric lenses - NUBM44 beam correction tests

A corrected nubm44 is a million miles away from being " weapons grade " but it is an eye hazard just like a bb gun is an eye hazard.

Laser weapons are not even in the visible range, and our hobby lasers are not weapons.

I won't debate how one could be misused differently than the other because misuse of either is a crime and I have no interest in that other than to say people should think before they do in all cases, unless your Hillary Clinton you are responsible for your actions.

p.s. I would not converse with anyone who expresses an interest in criminal actions, and you should actually delete that last part, we really don't even want those words on our hobby site, it draws bad attention through the search engine, thanks.

Last edited:

I got what you mean RedCowboy. It would have been off by about 1mm.
Anyways I found parts from Thorlabs. It just took a lot of time searching for parts.

WIN_20170831_19_51_24_Pro.jpg

Just because the lens pair says 12x12x7mm doesn't mean it will fit in a tube that says for 12mm
optics. It takes a little math here.

Thorlabs_parts3.jpg

The SM1AD9 has M9 threads and will allow the M9 G2 lens to screw into it.
I may have a little overkill with the SM1M30 tube at 3" but it needs 42mm and
2" is 50.8mm so that's not a lot of room to play. The SM1CPL05 will secure it to the S4X host.
The SM1AD16 (x2) will hold my cylindrical x6 lens.
Then my SM1CP2M end cap that will be machine drilled.

adaptors to hold lens
10.16mm (thick) x 2 = 20.32mm

adaptor to m9 g2 lens = 10.16mm (thick)
--------------------------------------------
[30.48mm]

Lens tube 76.2mm (length)
-------------------------------------------
Room to play 25.4mm

I debated on posting this because of the possibilities...not just of people aiming at aircraft...
but I had some skinhead (Q.O.T.H.) who saw some of my post on facebook ask me to build or sell them
beam correction with an S4X host. B****T getting bashed or beaten up by nazis is bad enough
but them being able to burn a non white at 50ft and hit aircraft. Even long range setting an
African American church on fire. The possibilities are endless. On the other hand this is knowledge
and it shouldn't be limited this is a laser forum. Not a neo nazi one. They would get caught anyways
and all their online activities are probably monitored.

This last paragraph is so very wrong. I'm only quoting it as I see you have deleted other things that were here and I don't want this to just disappear.

Agreeing with Red on the last paragraph because of keywords in search engines. You do what you think is best paul. If I deleted things it was probably because I was tired and just posted something dumb or it might have confused other readers. You are correct though master and I apologize if I'm not the patawan learner you'd hoped I would be. I'll try harder not to be so eager with my thoughts.

It must be late politics came up.

Last edited:

diachi

Agreeing with Red on the last paragraph because of keywords in search engines. You do what you think is best paul. If I deleted things it was probably because I was tired and just posted something dumb or it might have confused other readers. You are correct though master and I apologize if I'm not the patawan learner you'd hoped I would be. I'll try harder not to be so eager with my thoughts.

It must be late politics came up.

Just careful you don't set your ceiling fan on fire or something, don't pull an Accutronitis! :eek:

Have fun experimenting! :D

Just careful you don't set your ceiling fan on fire or something, don't pull an Accutronitis! :eek:

Have fun experimenting! :D
Please stop being willingly dumb and misleading about me, I NEVER SET ANYTHING ON FIRE IN MY HOUSE !

Relax, man. :beer:
Sure thing, just stop lying about me....

The ceiling fan that's in my work room one day out of the blue broke a blade off and the huge imbalance that caused made it start whipping back and forth and the on/off chain hanging down from it rapped around one of the 4 remaining blades which in turn yanked the chain out of the fan and at the same time kicked it into high gear and i really thought it would rip a hole in the ceiling ! I had to jump on a step stool and stop it with my bare hands because the time it would take to let it go and go out side looking for the breaker it would have self-destructed a large hole in the ceiling ! luckily it is my work room and i had a screwdriver at arms length and while i was stopping it with one hand i took the cover off with the other and clipped the power wire !

The point is that ceiling fan is in no way repairable and must be replaced and when i get around to it and remove it from the ceiling it has always had one more stop, The trash because that is what it is, Trash ! So i don't see what the fuss is with burning the surface of the blades (not setting it on fire, or burning the ceiling, or burning the walls), One more thing is as i've said many times that fan is in my "work room" which was a option when the house was new to be a 3rd car garage OR a "bonus" room attached to the now 2 car garage at the front of the house.

At no time have i ever endangered my neighbors OR anyone else OR any aircraft and any suggestion that I've done anything along those lines is complete nonsense !

Last edited:
Just careful you don't set your ceiling fan on fire or something, don't pull an Accutronitis!
Have fun experimenting!
Now that cracked me up....:crackup:
Funny guy Diachi...

Not trying to get off topic, but is this your pic you posted in another thread Bradford?

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/7...de-4-5a-sxd-tutorial-95513-4.html#post1491547

57218d1503355598-7w-survival-laser-s4x-host-w-nubm44-diode-4-5a-sxd-tutorial-rsz_picsart_08-21-053644.jpg
Yeah I saw that pic as well..
Who is it actually... :thinking:

OK... Back on topic.

Jerry

Last edited:
Now that cracked me up....:crackup:
Funny guy Diachi...

Yeah I saw that pic as well..
Who is it actually... :thinking:

OK... Back on topic.

Jerry
The master instigator hard at work. :bowdown:

Many years ago I was Banned for it (trolling)... It won't and hasn't
happen since....

Jerry

Yes i've noticed you've become quite expert at disguising it as humor.... :crackup:

Last edited:
You really find Diachi a funny guy ? Usually comics get angry when other comics steal material from their act ?

GSS

Accu, i'm asking seriously,
You really see no danger burning a ceiling fan that you also seemed to add a towel over it that seems soaked with oil, maby even turpentine that also has added scorch marks that is still mounted to the ceiling of a wooden structure, fiberglass and all regardless if its in a work room. You also have houses adjacent to yours mind you.
You just claimed its surfaced burn marks but on all your lens expander threads you claimed it doesn't just burn it sizzles and pops while doing it.
Never ever have you mentioned any controlled burning or safety measures..
Your not a stupid person:banghead: but my Lord just for once admit it could lead to a disaster:can:

Accu, i'm asking seriously,
You really see no danger burning a ceiling fan that you also seemed to add a towel over it that seems soaked with oil, maby even turpentine that also has added scorch marks that is still mounted to the ceiling of a wooden structure, fiberglass and all regardless if its in a work room. You also have houses adjacent to yours mind you.
You just claimed its surfaced burn marks but on all your lens expander threads you claimed it doesn't just burn it sizzles and pops while doing it.
Never ever have you mentioned any controlled burning or safety measures..
Your not a stupid person:banghead: but my Lord just for once admit it could lead to a disaster:can:
You seriously believe that's a towel soaked with oil, maby even turpentine hanging from the fan ? And actually the ceiling is constructed using 2x4 beams with a 8" spacing covered by 1/2 sheet rock 4x8 panels, I know this because i've walked on the beams when running some TV cables through the house.....

Let me try to make you understand, I am use to working on a running 375 HP 6 cyl aircraft engine at less than arms length away from the prop, I can do that because i am in control of that's going on around me and because i understand what is happening around me.

NOW i will admit that if someone didn't understand what he was doing it could most certainly lead to a disaster but i have never encourage anyone to try what i do then, now, or anytime in the furture.....

And yes i am not a stupid person, And before anyone points it out YES i know about "Halon" and how it puts a fire out....

Last edited:

GSS

Ok, and iv'e put some passion into building 400 to 500 HP Big Block Buicks and have become pretty good at porting these Buick heads..but you don't see me staring straight down the throat of a Qjet when setting the air fuel mixture at idle....and anyways these aren't lasers...
First ever iv'e seen you post a pick of fire extinguisher till now..
Accu, real young neewbie's just seem to love the burning aspect and "most" aren't to matured yet..Please just take down the fan from your album and when you burn find something better to show..
It would also be better for the forum...

Last edited:
Ok, and iv'e put some passion into building 400 to 500 HP Big Block Buicks and have become pretty good at porting these Buick heads..but you don't see me staring straight down the throat of a Qjet when setting the air fuel mixture at idle....and anyways these aren't lasers...
First ever iv'e seen you post a pick of fire extinguisher till now..
Accu, real young neewbie's just seem to love the burning aspect and "most" aren't to matured yet..Please just take down the fan from your album and when you burn find something better to show..
It would also be better for the forum...
Point taken, And removed.....

P.S. You don't even want to see what the blades look like now ! lol

Last edited: