Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OPT Lasers Cylindric lenses - NUBM44 beam correction tests

I using nubm44, driver 4.5A and cylindrical lens 3x purchased by opt laser.

At 2m the beam spot is about 7mm, but it have lost power, without lens the beam bigger but much powerful.

In your video you burn at 16 feet (5m), how?
Where can I wrong?
If you don't mind me asking, where are you from ?

I'm sorry for my bad english, but i dont understand your question
It is important where i come from?
The question is where do you live, And no it's not important where you come from, It's just what people do to get to know one another........

If you wear OD+5 glasses made for the wavelength you are working with you can look at the spot on wood from 1 meter away no problem.

HOWEVER IF YOUR EYES HURT OR YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE THEN STOP!

I have looked at the spot from 12 watts of 445nm standing 2 feet away wearing my OD+6 Glasses from Survival CLICK HERE
http://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

If you do not test your lenses with your diode running at full power you will not get the full size spot.

More bars light up as the power is increased.

Here is a raw diode output.

Last edited:

Benm

If you do not test your lenses with your diode running at full power you will not get the full size spot.

More bars light up as the power is increased.

Here is a raw diode output.

Good demonstration indeed.

With these multimode diodes the output pattern will change with how hard you drive them, and it might be a reason not to go for maximum raw power output as the divergence will degrade.

It also depends on temperature though, so for handheld units that lack huge heatsinks this might be somehting to consider: going for maximum power will degrade both divergence and diode life, and may not be worth it for the difference in brightness.

Another thing is that beam specs might be worse than claimed in the datasheets, as those figures are often claimed at a certain power level, certainly not when overdriving diodes like many people are.

Did somebody say hand held laser heat sink ?

11774-100-6252.jpg

11773-100-6251.jpg

Last edited:
No this model has only white rim.

Yesterday we received the package with our new 6x cylindrical lens. Soon we will wrote about it.

Yesterday we received the package with our new 6x cylindrical lens. Soon we will wrote about it.
Oh now you tell me after I just bought the 3x pair ! lol

I'm trying to correct the output of the NUBM44 diode, Would the 6X pair be better for that then the 3X pair ???

Last edited:

I will be interested in these, I expect they will be physically larger than the LSP lenses I have been using, this could accommodate some of the better focused GBall diodes as well as can/window diodes with G7 and 3 element primary lenses.

I would love to do some testing and will be buying a pair when you have them for sale.

Follow facebook or sign up to newsletter :) THey wil lshow up soon.
Size the same as the ones we already have.

Oh now you tell me after I just bought the 3x pair ! lol

I'm trying to correct the output of the NUBM44 diode, Would the 6X pair be better for that then the 3X pair ???

It depands on the lens used mostly. G2+ 6X should work nice I think. But we need to do more testing.

I think we did an offtop here :)
It depands on what beam you need at the output. Because at long distance g2+6x will be better because smaller, but how about close distance - I do not know yet. Soon we will test.

Last edited: