Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

opinion on this scienctech

crazyspaz

I have been trying to fix that problem on that meter I bought from you. I think it has something to do with a short on the display panel due to excess force applied to it from the top panel, because when I open it up it works just fine. :tinfoil: I mean it's either that or a cap drying up...
Glad to hear its still working. I did mention that issue in my sale thread, right? I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, certainly, I apologize if I didn't mention it!

Glad to hear its still working. I did mention that issue in my sale thread, right? I wasn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, certainly, I apologize if I didn't mention it!
Yeah you did mention it, and it's really not that big of a problem at most it's just annoying.

crazyspaz

Yeah you did mention it, and it's really not that big of a problem at most it's just annoying.
Really not sure what can be done to fix it (obvious quick fix is just turning it off and back on again), but I have to wonder if its not a consistant problem with these meters, or if it's just simply due to age- like I said previously, theres really hardly anything inside, just a bunch of DIP packages on 1 PCB IIRC, nothing to knock around. Who knows.

Alaskan

Looking at the Scientech 365 I recently purchased, the sensor does not appear to be a thermopile but instead some kind of photovoltaic material, am I right?

Cyparagon

Scientech has a whole range of sensors. Most of them are thermal based.

Alaskan

It's so shiny like the surface of glass with a dark blue tint, all of my other LPM thermopiles are matt black.