Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opera 10.0 released, pure awesomeness

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
Could you honestly give me a single reason to use it? Slow, vulnerable, heavy, unable to pass most of the graphic tests (acid3 etc), old...

I understand that it works, but I doubt there's a single point in which IE can even be compared to Opera!

@niko: I'm using it since the first version in which you could use the adds to pay the liscnce came out, that was 4.0?

Yours,
Albert

HA! Same here, buddy! I had to use Google to get serials :p
Hahaha, man... good times :p

@sk8r: Opera is original, FF took everything from them :) Plugins are made to try to make it look like opera...mouse gestures, speed dial... none of them work as good as they do on Opera :D

Oh...and wow man, Opera Turbo is a great idea!

Grix

Sry, uninstalled Opera minutes after I downloaded it. I missed all of my Addons too much.

D

Deleted member 8382

Could you please answer me on the another thread?

The question is: "what addons did you miss so much? I say this because half ofthe addons on FF are to do things Opera can do by default... Also, a part from that, was there any other con?"

Yours,
Albert

I'm still using firefox because I like tabbed browsing. I often have 5-30 tabs open at a time. Only chrome loads tabs faster than firefox, but firefox uses far less memory - something I must use sparingly for I only have 512.

D

Deleted member 8382

It's funny how you talk about tabbed browsing on firefox vs tabbed browsing on google chrome when it's something that Opera invented and which has always worked better on Opera than in any other browser, even IE has copied the idea now lol

Also, about the memory, they use about the same in normal conditions, and keep in mind that Opera in normal mode have the features that equal up to 20 addons loaded and working on Firefox.

Please answer on the other thread, I want to keep the discusion there :)