Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opera 10.0 released, pure awesomeness

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

IMO Firefox has just met his end, the war is over.

This new version of Opera is just the most amazing software I've ever tested and I absolutely love it, being a 40% faster than what opera 9.6 already was Firefox takes a 50% more of time to charge a page as average.

Moreover it now has a built in spelling corrector and the new turbo technology which use opera servers to compress the web code, this features does automatically turns on when Opera detects that you are on a slow network and boost your speed.

This, added to the redesigned speed dial, the redesigned built in email client, the torrent client, and all the other old amazing features turns the new Opera into the best web browser you've ever seen.

Just as a sample look at this screen shot. Download this new amazing software from Opera Browser | Faster & safer Internet | Free Download

@Nikokapo: Yes, I also had a great orgasm!

Yours,
Albert

Attachments

• Opera10.jpg
    Opera10.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 107

IMO Firefox has just met his end, the war is over.

This new version of Opera is just the most amazing software I've ever tested and I absolutely love it, being a 40% faster than what opera 9.6 already was Firefox takes a 50% more of time to charge a page as average.

Moreover it now has a built in spelling corrector and the new turbo technology which use opera servers to compress the web code, this features does automatically turns on when Opera detects that you are on a slow network and boost your speed.

This, added to the redesigned speed dial, the redesigned built in email client, the torrent client, and all the other old amazing features turns the new Opera into the best web browser you've ever seen.

Just as a sample look at this screen shot. Download this new amazing software from Opera Browser | Faster & safer Internet | Free Download

@Nikokapo: Yes, I also had a great orgasm!

Yours,
Albert

I haven't updated yet, I'm waiting for them to sort out initial bugs... but I orgasmed just from seeing that :O

D

Deleted member 8382

They have been trying the beta for some months, this is stable version!

I've been running it all the day and nothing strange, it's just that it's faster!

@rob: it supports bookmarks importing from konqueror, firefox, IE, netscape and ofc old Opera versions, but not from chrome at the moment. Anyway, test it and tell me if the time you will need to import them manually was worth or not!

Yours,
Albert

D

Deleted member 8382

no lol, I bet my eggs I was alredy using Opera before he could even know what Opera was >.>

no lol, I bet my eggs I was alredy using Opera before he could even know what Opera was >.>

Then your eggs (should be balls... huevos = balls :p) are absolutely mine. I've been using Opera since the beginning of times when it was damn unstable and would crash every 10 minutes or so... lol that was fun :p

Oh... guess what? ;) I'm typing this on Opera 10 :D

It rocks, especially Opera Turbo... for those nights where my internet connection starts dying slowly it's freaking great!!

In the interest of starting a flamewar...

...I'm still using Internet Explorer 7. And I'm not switching.

-Mark

Opera 10 is awesome. I will be using it from now on! Thanks Hallucynogenyc. I would never download and install Opera if I hadn't read your review first. +1 ( oh well I already repped you for another post so I cannot rep you again atm :D )

D

Deleted member 8382

Could you honestly give me a single reason to use it? Slow, vulnerable, heavy, unable to pass most of the graphic tests (acid3 etc), old...

I understand that it works, but I doubt there's a single point in which IE can even be compared to Opera!

@niko: I'm using it since the first version in which you could use the adds to pay the liscnce came out, that was 4.0?

Yours,
Albert

I tried it, but Safari 4 is still the best.
grin.gif

In the interest of starting a flamewar...

...I'm still using Internet Explorer 7. And I'm not switching.

-Mark

You do know IE 9 is out, don't you?

Jaseth

I use both Firefox and Opera 10.0
I haven't yet bothered finding out how to export favourites from FF to O but when I get my lazy ass together I will just use Opera. I used to use Opera when it was version 4.0 or 5.0 or something and then got a new computer and somehow ended up with Firefox until I recently saw the Opera 10.0 release. I remembered how it had been pretty good and had been the only browser which could upload videos to Facebook so I wanted to try it. It works really great - the difference is actually very noticeable. Opera FTW.
I never liked Safari.. but IE is definately the worst I have tried.

Seb

the OP screenshot of opera 10.0 looks very similar to Ctrl + Tab add on for Firefox, which by the way increases speed and usefulness of FF by 10x when using many tabs.

I'll check out Opera 10.0. thanks for the news that its out.

-Ken