Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ok who did it?!

What are we talking about here? A pointer or something bigger that can handle what he said was 10 minutes? And did he not see the beam because of the city lights? Either way, it's hilarious. I feel like I belong to some underground secret society.

Trevor

If you hold the laser still no problem. Scanning and drawing will require lots more power. I've done it with 60W 532 and always wanted more power.

More power! Never have enough. Even if we tapped into the 220kV transmission lines next to the field drawing 100A we'd probably want more power! LULZ

I was thinking along the lines of a narrow-projection spirograph on a 60m cloud ceiling. :p

-Trevor

jbtm

Im sure there will be
more reports of similar sightings..

And then people will think aliens are taking over the woooooorld!!!!!

Until someone tells the media what it really is. Or some neighbor goes "oh i saw this dude with a blue beam coming from him! I think it was him!

Maybe when sony releases their projectors, We should find a video of a UFO and project it into the sky in a area with no aircrafts...Then people can go OMFG A REAL UFO!! xD

Gsquared18, the 445nm can easily do 10 mins...If that's what you meant ;)

Last edited:

dnar

Just wait until that company that begins with the letter following B finds out their diodes where responsible...

Code:
Dear Earthlings,

We mean you no harm....

Mary, PR for spaceship K@51O

Why are there so many double threads popping up lately

(Mods are a-slacking!!!)

JLSE

(Mods are a-slacking!!!)

9df929324f4sf8239nu38se9rd.jpg

Benm

You would need pretty specific conditions to pull this off though: A very low, dense cloud ceiling, and very clear air under that.

I suppose it depends on the region, but here in holland its very rare... when the coulds are so low you can project onto them, its usually foggy enough below them to make the beam visible too.

JLSE

You would need pretty specific conditions to pull this off though: A very low, dense cloud ceiling, and very clear air under that.

I suppose it depends on the region, but here in holland its very rare... when the coulds are so low you can project onto them, its usually foggy enough below them to make the beam visible too.

Where I am its a bit different.. When we get low cloud, there is usually no fog..
When viewing the beam at distance from the 'side', you'd most likely not notice the
beam, just the termination point on the clouds.

I think the only people who would have seen the actual beam, would be persons
viewing the area from a high up place like a 20+ story building..

I can't help but think "oh my god, only in America". That was so obviously a laser on some low clouds. :D

Toke

I am tempted to try, but Copenhagen have heavy rain right now.
When shining a 445nm out my kitchen window (4.Floor) the beam were clearly visible with no obvious termination point.

GBD

I had the same results too, no dot, just beam.

Be interesting to do this in one way or another.

A medium sized weather balloon tethered with some black dyed nylon cord suspending a remote controlled module with some mirrors could definitely create chaos and is definitely NOT out of touch of the technically adequate hobbyist. ;)