Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ok who did it?!

JLSE

LOL!!! A UFO indeed...

That guy is convinced that ET was a comin :crackup:

You know we had some serious fog last week and I was playing around with my arctic and it was just ludicrous. Next time I shall shoot some video or at least snap some 10sec exposures. Everything was blue. Sitting under that would probably treat jaundice.

HAHA. Good one. Yea my 445 looks crazy in the fog its the best. Most people hate when its foggy out, i on the other hand cant wait to get out of work to use my lasers. :)

ROFL:crackup::crackup:
Gee it looks like a alien 445! It's to bad it didn't do some loops.

jbtm

I had to laugh my self... Someone should try this and see if they can replicate it, just for fun to see if it looks the same. I'm sure it does, funny.

It's simply because no one has ever seen a blue laser let alone one that bright. It's so uncommon to the average Joe, that peopl can over react like this guy did. To us, it's like "Oh! That's a 445nm! Who did it :D"

JLSE

The more I think about it, I get the feeling that the guy being interviewed
was in on it..

It seems to be low level clouds that are being illuminated. Im sure there will be
more reports of similar sightings..

That's why I limit my "cloud writing" sessions. Don't want to be in the news! :p

There's mostly farmers around here and they don't see many blue lasers! :D

The more I think about it, I get the feeling that the guy being interviewed
was in on it..

It seems to be low level clouds that are being illuminated. Im sure there will be
more reports of similar sightings..

There will now :)

Trevor

Anyone up for pointing a spirograph at a low cloud ceiling? :D

-Trevor

I still have to finish my scanner, but a 3W scan of an animated
UFO on low clouds would be awesome..

I'd reckon you'd need a few more than 3W of 445nm for any kind of impressive result.. but you're right it would be pretty awesome. I've seen cloud writing done with 10W of green, and really they could have used more power.

Hahahah I love how he says there was no sound, just distinct blue light.

I think that would actually make a good description of a 445 nm laser dot :D

Trevor

I still have to finish my scanner, but a 3W scan of an animated
UFO on low clouds would be awesome..

I'd reckon you'd need a few more than 3W of 445nm for any kind of impressive result.. but you're right it would be pretty awesome. I've seen cloud writing done with 10W of green, and really they could have used more power.

It's a shame that this flavor of lulz is illegal to just go out and do. It sort of defeats the purpose of the prank if you notify everyone beforehand. :p

Disclaimer: Don't do it, kids! :D

-Trevor

Anyone up for pointing a spirograph at a low cloud ceiling? :D

-Trevor

If you hold the laser still no problem. Scanning and drawing will require lots more power. I've done it with 60W 532 and always wanted more power.

More power! Never have enough. Even if we tapped into the 220kV transmission lines next to the field drawing 100A we'd probably want more power! LULZ