Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh thats just dirty.....

39/100,000... they have a ways to go lol. These are probably the same types of people signing this as the ones that keep crappy organizations like PETA afloat with donations.

And I must be blind because I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the links.

Still don't get it. Even with the referral tacked on, it still ends up at WL's main page.

The funny part is Wicked discontinued the wicked bucks program, so he is essentially advertising for free.

Great job!

I wrote on the Facebook group wall. A worthy place to rant and educate. :snirk:

I must admit I wouldn't be sad if the arctic and other very high powered portable lasers were banned from sale. It's a pretty dangerous toy for any random person with a bit of spare cash to purchase on a whim. Serious laser enthusiasts will build their own and ultimately that's a lot more satisfying than just buying something ready made, right?

I've got 2 445nm lasers running, one a lab build and the other a simple heatsinked module in a stand. I'm happy not to have portability with these because it's just too easy to have something unlucky happen, even when taking every precaution and doing the right thing safety wise. Too much focused energy in these things to be waving around willy-nilly, in my opinion. That's just my opinion, feel free to articulate yours! :na:

ps. I'm not signing or even bothering to look at the petition. Doesn't interest me.

Ok.. referral.. wickedbucks.. I get it now. Never dealt with WL, and never plan to so I didn't know anything about that program. Past or present.

the problem with this petition is it highlghts all lasers not just thiers and when they ban one they will want them all, use your tech knowledge to tie these folk in knots show these folk this isnt a dreaded death laser thats going to destroy the planet, and some of those folk are talking emotionally on there as if it is..fight misinfomation with good infomation W.L are doing a good job of destroying themselves they dont need a petition to bring them down..just my thoughts.. :)

Toke

I see no problem with discussing whether lasers over 5mW should be illegal to sell commercially.*, **
But this petition is disqualified from participating by it's lack of facts and spelling. :D

*It will be very difficult, and unlikely to be worth it, to stop hobbyist, which is a minor problem as we are expected to know what a laser is and what it can do.

** Does "selling commercially" work in English?
As a distinction between companies, and hobbyist selling to each other.

You think the Chinese will give a shit how many signatures they get? You can police foreign companies. The best we (the US) can do is quit importing their crap.

-Tony

Grix

The funny part is Wicked discontinued the wicked bucks program, so he is essentially advertising for free.

Great job!

You don't earn wicked bucks using the referral system. You earn actual $.